Zeljko

Default Replacemet NEC power transistor

Hello,
On my audio amplifier one channel doesn't work. Pair of power TO3 NEC
transistors were damaged (NEC 2SD188A and a NEC 2SB545A).
I can buy these transistors but model 2SD188 is without "A" and 2SB545
is with "A". I try to find some information or data sheet of those
transistors but without any results.
Can I use 2SD188 without "A" and 2SB545 with "A" on the left channel and
2SD188A and 2SB545A on the right channel? Is it OK?
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Best regards!
Zeljko
Rono

They will work fine! Look here for spec sheets! Rono.

http://nte01.nteinc.com/nte/NTExRefSemiProd.nsf/$$Search?OpenForm

Zeljko

Dana Tue, 30 Aug 2005 01:01:12 -0230 na news grupi
sci.electronics.repair
osoba pod imenom Rono je napisala...
They will work fine! Look here for spec sheets! Rono.

http://nte01.nteinc.com/nte/NTExRefSemiProd.nsf/$$Search?OpenForm

Thank you Rono for this link, but it is NTE replacements data sheets
only, not original NEC datasheet. I am looking for original NEC
datasheets, or can they (2SD188 without "A" and 2SB545 with "A") work as
complementary transistors in power audio amplifier?

Regards!

Zeljko
sofie

Zeeljko:
YES YES YES, they will work fine as Rono said in his post.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"Zeljko" wrote in message
Dana Tue, 30 Aug 2005 01:01:12 -0230 na news grupi
sci.electronics.repair
osoba pod imenom Rono je napisala...
They will work fine! Look here for spec sheets! Rono.

http://nte01.nteinc.com/nte/NTExRefSemiProd.nsf/$$Search?OpenForm

Thank you Rono for this link, but it is NTE replacements data sheets
only, not original NEC datasheet. I am looking for original NEC
datasheets, or can they (2SD188 without "A" and 2SB545 with "A") work as
complementary transistors in power audio amplifier?

Regards!

Zeljko

Franc Zabkar

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 09:21:18 +0200, Zeljko put
finger to keyboard and composed:

Hello,
On my audio amplifier one channel doesn't work. Pair of power TO3 NEC
transistors were damaged (NEC 2SD188A and a NEC 2SB545A).
I can buy these transistors but model 2SD188 is without "A" and 2SB545
is with "A". I try to find some information or data sheet of those
transistors but without any results.
Can I use 2SD188 without "A" and 2SB545 with "A" on the left channel and
2SD188A and 2SB545A on the right channel? Is it OK?
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Best regards!
Zeljko

Neither my Towers nor my vrt databooks list the 2SB545, 2SB545A, or
2SD188A. FWIW, the 2SD188 is spec'd for Vce(max) = 70V. Usually the
"A" versions have better specs, eg better Vce or power dissipation or
hfe. NTE parts are rated as good or better than the original, so
knowing that a particular NTE can substitute for both the standard and
"A" versions doesn't really tell you what you need to know. For
example, a 2SD189A has a Vce(max) of 100V whereas the 2SD189 is rated
for only 60V. The NTE sub, an NTE280, has a Vce(max) of 140V.

- Franc Zabkar

Zeljko

Dana Wed, 31 Aug 2005 08:15:00 +1000 na news grupi
sci.electronics.repair
osoba pod imenom Franc Zabkar je napisala...

Neither my Towers nor my vrt databooks list the 2SB545, 2SB545A, or
2SD188A. FWIW, the 2SD188 is spec'd for Vce(max) = 70V. Usually the
"A" versions have better specs, eg better Vce or power dissipation or
hfe. NTE parts are rated as good or better than the original, so
knowing that a particular NTE can substitute for both the standard and
"A" versions doesn't really tell you what you need to know. For
example, a 2SD189A has a Vce(max) of 100V whereas the 2SD189 is rated
for only 60V. The NTE sub, an NTE280, has a Vce(max) of 140V.

- Franc Zabkar

Now, I am using Motorola Onsemi TO3 transistors MJ15003 and MJ15004,
and, after all, I think that those transistors will stay in my amplifier
instead original NEC transistors.

Thanks everyone who replied to me!

Regards!

Zeljko
sofie

Zeljko:
The Motorola's that you used as replacements in your amp are a lot more
robust than the originals and unless there are other underlying problems in
the circuitry they should perform well. As you found out, the circuitry in
many of these older, low tech amps is quite forgiving and can tolerate a
fairly wide latitude of replacement parameters in the power output stage
especially because of the fairly low B+/- voltages found in your specific
amp design.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

Now, I am using Motorola Onsemi TO3 transistors MJ15003 and MJ15004,
and, after all, I think that those transistors will stay in my amplifier
instead original NEC transistors.

Thanks everyone who replied to me!

Regards!

Zeljko

Zeljko

Dana Wed, 31 Aug 2005 11:59:09 -0700 na news grupi
sci.electronics.repair
osoba pod imenom sofie je napisala...

The Motorola's that you used as replacements in your amp are a lot more
robust than the originals and unless there are other underlying problems in
the circuitry they should perform well. As you found out, the circuitry in
many of these older, low tech amps is quite forgiving and can tolerate a
fairly wide latitude of replacement parameters in the power output stage
especially because of the fairly low B+/- voltages found in your specific
amp design.

Those transistors are runing in Sansui G5000 receiver. This is very good
receiver with robust design, it has only 45 W per CH and it has so big
transformer like it has 200 W per CH, another parts is hi-q too.
Because of that, I wish to use some robust and quality output
transistors.

Regards!

Zeljko

Workshop In An Alternate Homepower Environment Too_Many_Tools Metalworking 288 June 29th 05 11:10 AM
Equivalence Power Transistor 3PIN BU2507CX - Help Please ;) [CORRAD] Electronics Repair 5 August 3rd 04 05:43 AM
Generator FAQ Gunner Metalworking 0 January 23rd 04 05:24 PM
Computer power supply compatiility My father's son Electronics Repair 15 January 16th 04 11:13 PM
Blown TV power transistor (diagram) ac Electronics Repair 10 November 4th 03 08:26 PM