ben ben is offline
Junior Member

Default help with rca 52" projection screen

I Have An Rca 52" Projection Screen Model# P52923. While Watching, The Screen Flickered And Went Out, Now Tv Will Not Turn On At All. When I Plug Unit In I Hear What Sounds Like A Fan Or Belt Starting To Move, Then Slowing To A Stop After I Unplug Unit. There Is Nothing On The Screen At Any Time. I Am Going To Take The Guts Out To A Copmuter Friends House And Was Looking For Some Advice On Where To Start. Any And All Advice Would Be Great. Aloha, Ben
Rono

It's a CTC 169, or PTK 169 chassis. You have a short in the
power supply, or convergence power supply! Look here for
tips. Rono.

http://members.sitegadgets.com/gnaen...oard/2298.html

http://www.electronicsrepair.net/cgi....pl?Action=Sho
wPost&Board=television&Post=189&Idle=0&Sort=0&Orde r=Descend&Page=9&Session=

Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben
I Have An Rca 52" Projection Screen Model# P52923. While Watching, The Screen Flickered And Went Out, Now Tv Will Not Turn On At All. When I Plug Unit In I Hear What Sounds Like A Fan Or Belt Starting To Move, Then Slowing To A Stop After I Unplug Unit. There Is Nothing On The Screen At Any Time. I Am Going To Take The Guts Out To A Copmuter Friends House And Was Looking For Some Advice On Where To Start. Any And All Advice Would Be Great. Aloha, Ben
ben there are a couple of kits that you can purchase to repair that unit ,comes with a handful of components .try electronics parts suppliers.
kip

Its a CTC195 chassis ...check for coolant leaks first...if so mop it up and
fix the leak.
Good chance the HOT and FLYBACK are bad..(Usually)

kip

--
tbmanitou