John

Default Sony CPD G410R Monitors

I have a number of Sony CPD G410R monitors that appear to have to high A1
voltages. That is brightness to high and flyback lines just apparent in the
dark areas of the picture.
I wish I knew how to adjust this or some service information so I could
check voltages etc.
If you could help lots of thanks in advance ....John.

CRaSH

John wrote:
I have a number of Sony CPD G410R monitors that appear to have to
high A1 voltages. That is brightness to high and flyback lines just
apparent in the dark areas of the picture.
I wish I knew how to adjust this or some service information so I
could check voltages etc.
If you could help lots of thanks in advance ....John.

Have you tried the 'color restoration' feature in the menu? I had the same
problem on my G420, and didn't use it because I asummed it was just color
balance, but it also restored the correct brightness setting. Someone
suggested it (also says it in the manual - doh), and it worked wonders!!

CRaSH

CRaSH wrote:
John wrote:
I have a number of Sony CPD G410R monitors that appear to have to
high A1 voltages. That is brightness to high and flyback lines just
apparent in the dark areas of the picture.
I wish I knew how to adjust this or some service information so I
could check voltages etc.
If you could help lots of thanks in advance ....John.

Have you tried the 'color restoration' feature in the menu? I had
the same problem on my G420, and didn't use it because I asummed it
was just color balance, but it also restored the correct brightness
setting. Someone suggested it (also says it in the manual - doh),
and it worked wonders!!

BTW - it won't let you do it until the monitor is warmed up about 20
minutes...
Don

John

Have you tried the 'color restoration' feature in the menu? I had
the same problem on my G420, and didn't use it because I asummed it
was just color balance, but it also restored the correct brightness

Thanks for the reply Don but I haven't seen the "Color restoration" feature
in the menu, is it hidden somewhere There's colour temperature settings or
expert mode to set the grey scale but nothing else obvious.
John.

CRaSH

John wrote:
Have you tried the 'color restoration' feature in the menu? I had
the same problem on my G420, and didn't use it because I asummed it
was just color balance, but it also restored the correct brightness

Thanks for the reply Don but I haven't seen the "Color restoration"
feature in the menu, is it hidden somewhere There's colour
temperature settings or expert mode to set the grey scale but nothing
else obvious.
John.

Under the 'Color' selection, mine has two choices - one for color
temperature, and the other "Image Restoration" (my mistake on calling it
Color Restoration before).....
Here's a link to a mod for the Sony's brightness problem (haven't tried it
myself)...
http://www.hutzelman.com/home/hardware/mods/monitor/

John

Thanks Don, the Image Restoration command does not exist in the monitor
software that the G410 monitors have but if I put a meter on the G2 output
it's loading does correct the picture brightness so I think the modification
you pointed out to me will work.
I will let you know how things work out in the end but I'm afraid that I
have been diverted on to more viable work at the moment.
Cheers for now John.