SpiffWilkie

Default Yamaha HTR-5560. No power

Somebody gave me a broken HTR-5560 today that was damaged during
shipping. When standby is pressed all I get is the click followed by
another click a few seconds later. There are no lights, nothing on the
display, no nothing. I check the fuse and checked for any obvious
damage inside (loose wires, etc) but couldn't find anything. Before I
rip this thing apart any further, is there anything speficic I should
check? Is it even worth it?

Thanks.

Mark D. Zacharias

"SpiffWilkie" wrote in message
ups.com...
Somebody gave me a broken HTR-5560 today that was damaged during
shipping. When standby is pressed all I get is the click followed by
another click a few seconds later. There are no lights, nothing on the
display, no nothing. I check the fuse and checked for any obvious
damage inside (loose wires, etc) but couldn't find anything. Before I
rip this thing apart any further, is there anything speficic I should
check? Is it even worth it?

Thanks.

If damaged during shipping I would look first for cracked circuit board(s)
or the like.
Yamaha's have rather sophisticated protection circuits, not a do-it-yourself
type repair for almost anybody but a skilled tech. Even techs knowlegeable
on other equipment often have problems on Yamaha's. They're very good
receivers, but they're "different".

Mark Z.

PC power related questions [email protected] Electronics Repair 1 May 20th 05 11:28 PM
retrofitting an ATX psupply into a microATX psupply box - won't power dave Electronics Repair 0 March 23rd 05 03:23 PM
Power surges Cheryl Home Repair 54 June 25th 04 08:50 PM
Generator FAQ Gunner Metalworking 0 January 23rd 04 05:24 PM
newbie - blown yamaha power amplifier ant Electronics Repair 3 August 6th 03 03:00 AM