DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Yamaha HTR-5560. No power (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/115857-yamaha-htr-5560-no-power.html)

SpiffWilkie August 4th 05 06:54 AM

Yamaha HTR-5560. No power

Somebody gave me a broken HTR-5560 today that was damaged during
shipping. When standby is pressed all I get is the click followed by
another click a few seconds later. There are no lights, nothing on the
display, no nothing. I check the fuse and checked for any obvious
damage inside (loose wires, etc) but couldn't find anything. Before I
rip this thing apart any further, is there anything speficic I should
check? Is it even worth it?

Thanks.

Mark D. Zacharias August 4th 05 10:33 AM

"SpiffWilkie" wrote in message
ups.com...
Somebody gave me a broken HTR-5560 today that was damaged during
shipping. When standby is pressed all I get is the click followed by
another click a few seconds later. There are no lights, nothing on the
display, no nothing. I check the fuse and checked for any obvious
damage inside (loose wires, etc) but couldn't find anything. Before I
rip this thing apart any further, is there anything speficic I should
check? Is it even worth it?

Thanks.

If damaged during shipping I would look first for cracked circuit board(s)
or the like.
Yamaha's have rather sophisticated protection circuits, not a do-it-yourself
type repair for almost anybody but a skilled tech. Even techs knowlegeable
on other equipment often have problems on Yamaha's. They're very good
receivers, but they're "different".

Mark Z.