elorahd

Default panasonic camcorder prob - no picture coming through lens

I have a pv-dv52d that I bought used on ebay. It was in fine working
condition when I bought it. I've been using it for a while and, all of
a sudden, the other day, the screen and viewfinder when black when I
was in the middle of shooting something. I've contacted a verified
panasonic repair service and they want a flat fee of $261.50 to repair
it. That's more than I paid for the unit, so that seems kind of
ridiculous. I've had a hard time finding help for this on the
internet. Does no one know how to repair these? Can anyone give me an
idea what might be wrong or what might need replacing? Thanks.

Clive Tobin

elorahd wrote:
I have a pv-dv52d that I bought used on ebay. It was in fine working
condition when I bought it. I've been using it for a while and, all of
a sudden, the other day, the screen and viewfinder when black

Sorry I have no idea how to fix it. I would suggest that the most
cost-effective thing would be to buy another similar one instead. Since
you already have a working battery, power supply, cables etc. you could
likely get one with these items listed as missing, for maybe $50-100.