Jonathan

Default Pokie machine service help

Hi all

To those with experience servicing these....I have just obtained a couple of
the older variety with the 5 spinning wheels (lucky lines and lucky hearts
if that matters), both with the same problem. A couple of seconds after it's
switched on all the wheels begin rotating and don't stop. I assume it's
performing some kind of self test, and when you shut the front the display
on the front says "power up" with a credit level of 9, a coins played value
of 5 and a coins won value of 0. I would have thought those numbers would
all begin at 0 so I'm thinking it's displaying a fault code. I'm
concentrating on the power supply area at the moment to make sure it's
brains aren't being scrammbled over noise, but I think that's a long shot as
some things are registering (i.e. missing wheel, wheel tilt, door
open/close).
Have re-socketed all ICs as well (I have seen this to be a problem in old
stuff).
All help greatly appreciated
JD
--
Zoom! Zoom!
For every action there is an equal and opposite government program.

Jonathan

Just in case anyone was watching this out of curiosity...

I found that by removing the game PROM, turning it on, then off, then
re-inserting the chip it caused an error "bad cmos ram" which in turn forced
a reset of some kind which gave me some options and then it fired up and now
plays good as new ...well good enough for home use

JD

"Jonathan" wrote in message
[...]

Self-Reproducing Machine Tools Doug Goncz Metalworking 17 July 13th 17 05:57 AM
Service manuals for digicams? Jerry G. Electronics Repair 0 March 3rd 05 09:29 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Quantum Mechanics and Self-Replicating Machines Doug Goncz Metalworking 34 September 17th 03 04:06 PM
SONY poor service Eric Electronics Repair 2 September 10th 03 04:28 AM