Jonathan

Default Pokie machine service help

Hi all

To those with experience servicing these....I have just obtained a couple of
the older variety with the 5 spinning wheels (lucky lines and lucky hearts
if that matters), both with the same problem. A couple of seconds after it's
switched on all the wheels begin rotating and don't stop. I assume it's
performing some kind of self test, and when you shut the front the display
on the front says "power up" with a credit level of 9, a coins played value
of 5 and a coins won value of 0. I would have thought those numbers would
all begin at 0 so I'm thinking it's displaying a fault code. I'm
concentrating on the power supply area at the moment to make sure it's
brains aren't being scrammbled over noise, but I think that's a long shot as
some things are registering (i.e. missing wheel, wheel tilt, door
open/close).
Have re-socketed all ICs as well (I have seen this to be a problem in old
stuff).
All help greatly appreciated
JD
--
Zoom! Zoom!
For every action there is an equal and opposite government program.