Adam Stouffer

Default Zenith focus and text

I rescued an old Zenith SF2795W from the trash and the power supply was
making an audible whine noise. After swapping out most of the caps the
problem was cured and the supply was silent.

Now the other small issue is when text appears on the screen its a bit
out of focus near the top of each letter. When something with a lot of
white or brightness appears, everything will dim and the text goes back
in focus. I'm using the RCA inputs with a dish receiver and it looks
more like macrovision showing up than anything. Is something in need of
replacement or should I invest in a video stabilizer?

Adam

Adam Stouffer

Rono wrote:
Zenith's are known for bad picture tubes!
Try to adjust the focus, the top pot on the
flyback. Rono.

Will try it this weekend. Makes me wonder because you can watch it
happen whenever theres a bright scene. I'll try looking for bad caps
around the AGC circuit. Thanks.

Adam