Sticks

Default Focus on a HP Model D8911

Hi ,
Can someone enlighten me as to why there are two focus pots on the FBT
in these 19'' monitors , all i know is one is called "static" and the other
"dynamic"
Also whats the best procedure for adjusting it , i have a program called
Keonig but
i seem to get better results with a text document with a white background .

Is there any other software freely available for testing monitors

thank you

Jerry G.

Most of the time, the focus pots are H and V access. Use any software or
text that can produce a fine image to allow for focus adjustments. I use
white text on a black background, with the computer running at the optimum
resolution for the type of monitor. Use what is best for you to visually see
what you are doing.

In some monitors the focus adjustment will effect the convergence. If you
want to achieve the optimum, you may have to also get in to the convergence
setup if this is the case for your particular monitor.

The main cause for the focus to drift out is the CRT going weak, and or the
HV module is starting to go out of specs. With age, these parts tend to
eventually fail. Usually they fail slowly.

--

Jerry G.
======

"Sticks" wrote in message
Hi ,
Can someone enlighten me as to why there are two focus pots on the FBT
in these 19'' monitors , all i know is one is called "static" and the other
"dynamic"
Also whats the best procedure for adjusting it , i have a program called
Keonig but
i seem to get better results with a text document with a white background .

Is there any other software freely available for testing monitors

thank you

Andy Cuffe

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 21:53:42 +0800, "Sticks"
wrote:

Hi ,
Can someone enlighten me as to why there are two focus pots on the FBT
in these 19'' monitors , all i know is one is called "static" and the other
"dynamic"
Also whats the best procedure for adjusting it , i have a program called
Keonig but
i seem to get better results with a text document with a white background .

Is there any other software freely available for testing monitors

thank you

There's usually two controls on the flyback that adjust the focus.
One will mostly affect the vertical focus (adjust for sharpest
horizontal lines) and the other mostly affects the horizontal focus
(adjust for sharpest vertical lines). The controls interact, so
you'll have to adjust them both several times. Be sure to wait for it
to warm up for about 20 min before you start.

I like to adjust the horizontal focus for the sharpest vertical lines
near the left and right edges of the screen, followed by the vertical
focus for the sharpest horizontal lines in the middle of the screen.
The horizontal focus tends to affect the edges much more than the
center. You mat have to compromise between center focus and edge
focus to avoid the corners being way out of focus.
Andy Cuffe

Asimov

"Jerry G." bravely wrote to "All" (14 Dec 04 10:05:25)
--- on the heady topic of " Focus on a HP Model D8911"

JG From: "Jerry G."

JG The main cause for the focus to drift out is the CRT going weak, and
JG or the HV module is starting to go out of specs. With age, these parts
JG tend to eventually fail. Usually they fail slowly.

A weak beam will also cause bad convergence or purity because it
results in an over-correction.

A*s*i*m*o*v

.... Well I defragged my TV and went all the way back to basic cable!