Andy Cuffe

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 21:53:42 +0800, "Sticks"
wrote:

Hi ,
Can someone enlighten me as to why there are two focus pots on the FBT
in these 19'' monitors , all i know is one is called "static" and the other
"dynamic"
Also whats the best procedure for adjusting it , i have a program called
Keonig but
i seem to get better results with a text document with a white background .

Is there any other software freely available for testing monitors

thank you

There's usually two controls on the flyback that adjust the focus.
One will mostly affect the vertical focus (adjust for sharpest
horizontal lines) and the other mostly affects the horizontal focus
(adjust for sharpest vertical lines). The controls interact, so
you'll have to adjust them both several times. Be sure to wait for it
to warm up for about 20 min before you start.

I like to adjust the horizontal focus for the sharpest vertical lines
near the left and right edges of the screen, followed by the vertical
focus for the sharpest horizontal lines in the middle of the screen.
The horizontal focus tends to affect the edges much more than the
center. You mat have to compromise between center focus and edge
focus to avoid the corners being way out of focus.
Andy Cuffe