Default philips vr 6462 pinch roller

Am looking for the part number for this ancient pinch roller, or a
cross referece to other models which used the same deck/roller so i can
widen my search (I think Pye UK did one machine with that deck). Have
checked Donberg for the pinch roller vr6462 but they don't seem to have
it for that model, but they may have another model listed which uses
the same..... Anyone still happen to have such info. lying around?
regards, Ben

Clint Sharp

In message . com, b
writes
Am looking for the part number for this ancient pinch roller, or a
cross referece to other models which used the same deck/roller so i can
widen my search (I think Pye UK did one machine with that deck). Have
checked Donberg for the pinch roller vr6462 but they don't seem to have
it for that model, but they may have another model listed which uses
the same..... Anyone still happen to have such info. lying around?
regards, Ben

Possibly, but will have to look. It's a nasty deck though, the pinch
roller is on a 'sled' that's driven into position IIRC, and it's a
bugger to replace properly, I'd get a service manual if I was you.
--
Clint Sharp

Clint Sharp wrote:
In message . com, b
writes
Am looking for the part number for this ancient pinch roller, or a
cross referece to other models which used the same deck/roller so i can
widen my search (I think Pye UK did one machine with that deck). Have
checked Donberg for the pinch roller vr6462 but they don't seem to have
it for that model, but they may have another model listed which uses
the same..... Anyone still happen to have such info. lying around?
regards, Ben

Possibly, but will have to look. It's a nasty deck though, the pinch
roller is on a 'sled' that's driven into position IIRC, and it's a
bugger to replace properly, I'd get a service manual if I was you.
--

Clint, thanks for the reply, but this one is not the deck with that
awkward pinch roller fortunately. (I know the one you mean, i think its

Ben

In sci.electronics.repair Clint Sharp wrote:
In message . com, b
writes
Am looking for the part number for this ancient pinch roller, or a
cross referece to other models which used the same deck/roller so i can
widen my search (I think Pye UK did one machine with that deck). Have
checked Donberg for the pinch roller vr6462 but they don't seem to have
it for that model, but they may have another model listed which uses
the same..... Anyone still happen to have such info. lying around?
regards, Ben

Possibly, but will have to look. It's a nasty deck though, the pinch
roller is on a 'sled' that's driven into position IIRC, and it's a
bugger to replace properly, I'd get a service manual if I was you.

Nope, his machine has the Echo deck. Easy to replace, I think.

---
Met vriendelijke groet,

Maarten Bakker.
Clint Sharp

In message .com, b
writes

Clint, thanks for the reply, but this one is not the deck with that
awkward pinch roller fortunately. (I know the one you mean, i think its
called a 'Charley' deck which loads a bit like a betamax formation).
No, this one is even older, must be one of the first philips front
loaders. ...don't have it to hand right now but will post a pic next
week.

Ben

Ahh, so it might be the one with the Panasonic deck? NV370 IIRC, has a
clear perspex panel over the tape carriage. If it is if you ever need to
remove the upper drum (head) assembly, be VERY careful to remove all the
solder and make sure the pins are free before you pull the head drum
assembly, the rotating transformer is very delicate.

All by the way anyway.. Just reminiscing about my time as a teenage VCR
tech. You could do worse than give Wizard Distributors a ring, Empress
Street Manchester, http://www.wizard-distributors.co.uk

Nice, helpful guy, if the bit you want is available he'll probably be
able to help
--
Clint Sharp

In sci.electronics.repair Clint Sharp wrote:
Ahh, so it might be the one with the Panasonic deck? NV370 IIRC, has a

Nope that would be the VR6460. The VR6462 has the Echo deck, same as the
VR6463, VR6560 (top loader), VR6660, VR6860, VR6862.

---
Met vriendelijke groet,

Maarten Bakker.