Clint Sharp

In message .com, b
writes

Clint, thanks for the reply, but this one is not the deck with that
awkward pinch roller fortunately. (I know the one you mean, i think its
called a 'Charley' deck which loads a bit like a betamax formation).
No, this one is even older, must be one of the first philips front
loaders. ...don't have it to hand right now but will post a pic next
week.

Ben

Ahh, so it might be the one with the Panasonic deck? NV370 IIRC, has a
clear perspex panel over the tape carriage. If it is if you ever need to
remove the upper drum (head) assembly, be VERY careful to remove all the
solder and make sure the pins are free before you pull the head drum
assembly, the rotating transformer is very delicate.

All by the way anyway.. Just reminiscing about my time as a teenage VCR
tech. You could do worse than give Wizard Distributors a ring, Empress
Street Manchester, http://www.wizard-distributors.co.uk

Nice, helpful guy, if the bit you want is available he'll probably be
able to help
--
Clint Sharp