Default Sony TV KP53V85 remote

Hello

My Sony TV KP53V85 is not responding to the sony remote RM-Y905. I
tried the following to troubleshoot the problem without any luck.

1. Replaced batteries in the Remote
2. Powered the TV down for 1 hour
3. Reset the remote after removing batteries and depressing all buttons
twice
4. Got a new Sony remote & tried using that
5. Used the DVD remote that the TV used to respond in the past.

I feel that the problem is in the TV. Any ideas on how I can get this
problem fixed by my self or get it repaired.

SJ