Tom Del Rosso

Default Where to get those long scope feet?

Three of the feet on the bottom end of my HP scope broke off. I'm amazed at
how brittle they are. It isn't exactly bakelite maybe, because it feels
soft and soapy-smooth to the touch, but it does have that obsidian look
where it cleves.

At first I was going to ask about glues, but they would just break again. I
recall Tek uses feet that feel like rubber with some elasticity rather than
brittleness. Is there any place I can scrounge a set of four?

--

Reply in group, but if emailing add
2 more zeros and remove the obvious.

NSM

"Tom Del Rosso" wrote in message
news
Three of the feet on the bottom end of my HP scope broke off. I'm amazed

at
how brittle they are. It isn't exactly bakelite maybe, because it feels
soft and soapy-smooth to the touch, but it does have that obsidian look
where it cleves.

At first I was going to ask about glues, but they would just break again.

recall Tek uses feet that feel like rubber with some elasticity rather

than
brittleness. Is there any place I can scrounge a set of four?

Try a dollar store and look for those gadgets that stop an open door from
damaging the wall.

Tom Del Rosso

"NSM" wrote in message

Try a dollar store and look for those gadgets that stop an open door from
damaging the wall.

A scope on high heels?

I haven't seen any of those that were reasonably short. I also don't want
to put the wood/sheet metal screws into the scope.

--

Reply in group, but if emailing add
2 more zeros and remove the obvious.

NSM

"Tom Del Rosso" wrote in message

Try a dollar store and look for those gadgets that stop an open door

from
damaging the wall.

A scope on high heels?

I haven't seen any of those that were reasonably short. I also don't want
to put the wood/sheet metal screws into the scope.

There are all sorts of doodads there. Look around with an open eye. Often
you'll find something you can use.

My local one now sells S-Video, USB to USB, USB to printer and 100baseT
cables! Gotta love that!

jakdedert

NSM wrote:
"Tom Del Rosso" wrote in message

Try a dollar store and look for those gadgets that stop an open
door from damaging the wall.

A scope on high heels?

I haven't seen any of those that were reasonably short. I also
don't want to put the wood/sheet metal screws into the scope.

There are all sorts of doodads there. Look around with an open eye.
Often you'll find something you can use.

My local one now sells S-Video, USB to USB, USB to printer and
100baseT cables! Gotta love that!

Some of those stores which tried to sell them for $20-$30 a pop got tired of
the inventory sitting on their shelves and dumped them off.....

jak

NSM

"jakdedert" wrote in message

My local one now sells S-Video, USB to USB, USB to printer and
100baseT cables! Gotta love that!

Some of those stores which tried to sell them for $20-$30 a pop got tired

of
the inventory sitting on their shelves and dumped them off.....

Perhaps. But it's a good chance to stock up. They've also savaged the price
of batteries which was outrageous before.

Bennett Price

Try Home Depot, hardware store, or similar for adhesive backed rubber
bumpers htat are used to keep floor lamps from scratching the carpet, etc.

Tom Del Rosso wrote:
Three of the feet on the bottom end of my HP scope broke off. I'm amazed at
how brittle they are. It isn't exactly bakelite maybe, because it feels
soft and soapy-smooth to the touch, but it does have that obsidian look
where it cleves.

At first I was going to ask about glues, but they would just break again. I
recall Tek uses feet that feel like rubber with some elasticity rather than
brittleness. Is there any place I can scrounge a set of four?

The Shelf that Rearranged a Workshop - Long. Groggy Woodworking 18 January 5th 05 05:59 AM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
putting feet on mill? Rick Metalworking 8 August 13th 04 10:01 AM
Scope advice needed Jeff Electronics Repair 10 November 18th 03 01:47 AM
BK Precision 1522 scope: bad input section, no trace Ben Byer Electronics Repair 3 September 22nd 03 10:29 PM