spongehead

Default Help with Sears Mower 917.387440

I picked up this Sears model 917.387440 6.25hp push lawnmower at a yard
sale for 5 bucks and someone had attempted to do some carb work on it
which failed miserably by looking at it. The gas line is cracked and
the jet needle was missing. Easy enough to get those parts at the
local Sears place. However, I cant really tell how the carb levers and
springs go into place, maybe Im missing another part but hard to tell.
I was hoping someone might have access to or know where I can get a
real picture of how it looks put together.
Sears engine model is 143.006200

Fred McKenzie

In article .com,
"spongehead" wrote:

I picked up this Sears model 917.387440 6.25hp push lawnmower at a yard
sale for 5 bucks and someone had attempted to do some carb work on it
which failed miserably by looking at it. The gas line is cracked and
the jet needle was missing. Easy enough to get those parts at the
local Sears place. However, I cant really tell how the carb levers and
springs go into place, maybe Im missing another part but hard to tell.

Sponge-

Go to a Sears Service Center. You might be able to order the owners
manual for that model, but they have it on microfilm. If you explain your
problem, they should let you look at the info, and perhaps print a page
for you.

I've found them to be extremely helpful finding newer parts when older
models have been discontinued. Be sure to take along the engine model
data.

Fred
cnctut

spongehead--

You seem to be plagued with mower problems--didn't you just fix a 3.5
hp mower with an idle problem. ;-))

Tut

Sears, what a pity the right hand doesn't know about the left! LONG diatribe. Bob Bowles Home Repair 24 February 1st 05 08:21 PM
Sears, what a pity the right hand doesn't know about the left! LONG diatribe. Bob Bowles Woodworking 31 February 1st 05 08:21 PM
Sears Ace Woodworking 16 November 21st 04 05:42 PM
Sears Ace Home Repair 8 November 16th 04 07:52 PM
Maytag Neptune Washer lousy customer service for repair; I would think twice next time and buy from Sears wkearney99 Home Repair 0 November 28th 03 09:01 PM