Ken Weitzel

Default CT169 board :)

Hi Guys...

Hey, this is going from bad to worse... from funny to
whatever the opposite of funny is

Got the durned thing apart, thanks to you guys. Looked
at it real close with bright light and big glass and
reflowed some solder.

Put it back together, worked perfectly - but only for
10 minute programs before the vert collapsed again.
This time much less sensitive... required several good
slaps to turn it on/off.

Decided to try once more. Took it apart, reflowed again
and did even more areas. Put it back together again.

Dead. Wouldn't turn on. Not front panel or remote.
Little bit of noise inserting the cheater cord, but
that's it. (Do you younger fellows still call 'em
cheater cords?

Looked carefully, and either I had broken the thermistor,
or broke it while looking. Scrounged another from an old
monitor, replaced it and still dead as a doornail.

Googling seems to show thermistors sold by their hot value
so can't compare. Old one measured 6 ohms cold, replaced it
with one that read about 7 ohms cold.

Just from interest, should it start with an open therm?

Have no schematic, of course. Any suggestions?

Thanks, take care.

Ken

John-Del

Ken Weitzel wrote:

Looked carefully, and either I had broken the thermistor,
or broke it while looking. Scrounged another from an old
monitor, replaced it and still dead as a doornail.

Just from interest, should it start with an open therm?

That's just a degaussing thermister, the TV will start and run without
it. Check the collector of the horiz output. In standby, the
collector should read about 145 volts or so. If it's zero, the smps is
dead or shutdown.

John