Lanzar

Default JVC 29" turns purple...

Hi!

I have a JVC 29" 100Hz television (AV-29TH3ENS). The problem is that
when the TV has been on for abot 2-3 minutes, the whole picture
becomes purple. If i restart the tv the picture is back to normal for
a couple of seconds, but then it turns back to purple again. Any idea
where the problem mmight be...?

Christian
Rono

Bad solder connections on the CRT board,
or on the main board where the drive signals
come from. Rono.

"Lanzar" wrote in message
om...
Hi!

I have a JVC 29" 100Hz television (AV-29TH3ENS). The problem is that
when the TV has been on for abot 2-3 minutes, the whole picture
becomes purple. If i restart the tv the picture is back to normal for
a couple of seconds, but then it turns back to purple again. Any idea
where the problem mmight be...?

Christian

Lanzar

I have now checked for any cold solder, but everything looks fine. The
picture is also blue tinted the first seconds when powered up. Then it
becomes normal, and after a while it starts fluctuating to purple, and
finaly its all purple tinted. Another problem is that when i push the
volume+ on remote, then volume goes directly to max.
JVC Dude

~If it goes purple, do you mean it loses the green gun?
I would suspect a faulty tube.- perhaps the heater going O/c or an internal
short developing as it warms up.
Here in the UK we had many tube problems with the 29" sets, although ours
were made in France...by Philips !

AW

"Lanzar" wrote in message
om...
I have now checked for any cold solder, but everything looks fine. The
picture is also blue tinted the first seconds when powered up. Then it
becomes normal, and after a while it starts fluctuating to purple, and
finaly its all purple tinted. Another problem is that when i push the
volume+ on remote, then volume goes directly to max.

Lanzar

This set also has a Philips made tube. The picture becomes purple
tinted, i don't know if the green is missing but probably. I can see
all tree filaments glov in the tube... I have also tried tapping the
neck while problem occurs, but no change.

"JVC Dude" wrote in message ...
~If it goes purple, do you mean it loses the green gun?
I would suspect a faulty tube.- perhaps the heater going O/c or an internal
short developing as it warms up.
Here in the UK we had many tube problems with the 29" sets, although ours
were made in France...by Philips !

AW

om...