DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   JVC 29" turns purple... (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/107716-jvc-29%22-turns-purple.html)

Lanzar May 29th 05 02:16 PM

JVC 29" turns purple...

Hi!

I have a JVC 29" 100Hz television (AV-29TH3ENS). The problem is that
when the TV has been on for abot 2-3 minutes, the whole picture
becomes purple. If i restart the tv the picture is back to normal for
a couple of seconds, but then it turns back to purple again. Any idea
where the problem mmight be...?

Christian

Rono May 29th 05 02:29 PM

Bad solder connections on the CRT board,
or on the main board where the drive signals
come from. Rono.

om...

Lanzar May 31st 05 03:51 PM

I have now checked for any cold solder, but everything looks fine. The
picture is also blue tinted the first seconds when powered up. Then it
becomes normal, and after a while it starts fluctuating to purple, and
finaly its all purple tinted. Another problem is that when i push the
volume+ on remote, then volume goes directly to max.

JVC Dude May 31st 05 10:37 PM

~If it goes purple, do you mean it loses the green gun?
I would suspect a faulty tube.- perhaps the heater going O/c or an internal
short developing as it warms up.
Here in the UK we had many tube problems with the 29" sets, although ours
were made in France...by Philips !

AW

om...

Lanzar June 1st 05 08:27 AM

This set also has a Philips made tube. The picture becomes purple
tinted, i don't know if the green is missing but probably. I can see
all tree filaments glov in the tube... I have also tried tapping the
neck while problem occurs, but no change.

"JVC Dude" wrote in message ...
~If it goes purple, do you mean it loses the green gun?
I would suspect a faulty tube.- perhaps the heater going O/c or an internal
short developing as it warms up.
Here in the UK we had many tube problems with the 29" sets, although ours
were made in France...by Philips !

AW

om...