Jason D.

Default What zenith models using this chassis 9-1156?

I apprecate that. Subject as stated.

And does this chassis support closed caption? This is important too.

Cheers, Wizard

Sorry, it's not in my database. I tried.

JURB

How about the model that it is in now?
Also post the year of manufacture so someone can possibly reference the
chassis series by year.

RonKZ650

I'm afraid Zenith never used a 9-1156 in any Zenith set. Must have been
specially made for that Wards or whatever it is. Probably 99.9% the
same as a board they used in the production Zeniths, but not that board
exactly. I looked at the G-J-J2-L-R line and no 1156.

Jason

Help has arrived! You have a C-5 type chassis. Service literature
is CM-143.
Similar boards a 9-1131 and 9-1132.

Going back and looking at your posts, am I correct that you have a
dead unit? You said the spark gap was sooty so the CRT is not at
fault. MAYBE you're right, but you could be wrong. I have seen plenty
that literally had the spark gap blown to pieces, still ran, only to
have the CRT arc later and take out the SMPS.
And, from the looks of the pix you posted, somewhere down the line
it was around a serious smoker!
Hope this information is helpful to you.

David, on the Illinois prairie.

Jason D. wrote:

Anything else I should watch out? Which yokes are
suitable as test so I can run the chassis before shipping it back? I
have number of 27" Zeniths sitting around.

I think you can handle this very well--I wouldn't know what else to
suggest. As for a test yoke, anything will do the job without harm. I
may be wrong, but a yoke is a yoke. The pix may be distorted, but
that's not what you're after here. I keep an old gutted Zenith 25 inch
table top cabinet with a CRT and yoke for my test jig on these chassis.
I keep an old yoke with the twin plugs in case that sort of chassis
comes in. Works OK for me. Best wishes.

David, on the Illinois prairie.