bwana

Default akai tv ct2885 dead

I have a akai tv witch goes to standby mode when switched on, two daches displayed on led display.
When you switch the set on several times you can see only a vertical stripe ( no vertical deflection) but goes always to standby.
When i disconnect the 5.1 voltage from ic 760 the system starts up with only the vertical stripe and no led display and no sound.
replaced ic01 msp2400 with no result.

thanks in advance

Rik
Rifleman

Hi Rik!

I'm not that familiar with this model but what you describe sounds much more like trouble in the horizontal. If you got a vertical stripe there is no horizontal deflection.
Follow the wiring from the deflection yoke on the crt neck down to the board and check components in the area were the wiring enter the board. If you are lucky it's only a cold solder joint otherwise i belive that there isn't many components which could cause this problem.

Björn
"bwana" skrev i meddelandet ...
I have a akai tv witch goes to standby mode when switched on, two daches displayed on led display.
When you switch the set on several times you can see only a vertical stripe ( no vertical deflection) but goes always to standby.
When i disconnect the 5.1 voltage from ic 760 the system starts up with only the vertical stripe and no led display and no sound.
replaced ic01 msp2400 with no result.

thanks in advance

Rik
Tom MacIntyre

On Thu, 19 May 2005 19:29:17 GMT, "Rifleman"
wrote:

Hi Rik!

I'm not that familiar with this model but what you describe sounds much more like trouble in the horizontal. If you got a vertical stripe there is no horizontal deflection.
Follow the wiring from the deflection yoke on the crt neck down to the board and check components in the area were the wiring enter the board. If you are lucky it's only a cold solder joint otherwise i belive that there isn't many components which could cause this problem.

He specified no vertical deflection though...

Tom

Björn
"bwana" skrev i meddelandet ...
I have a akai tv witch goes to standby mode when switched on, two daches displayed on led display.
When you switch the set on several times you can see only a vertical stripe ( no vertical deflection) but goes always to standby.
When i disconnect the 5.1 voltage from ic 760 the system starts up with only^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ the vertical stripe and no led display and no sound.
replaced ic01 msp2400 with no result.

thanks in advance

Rik

bwana

sorry its a horizontal stripe (no vertical deflection)

rik
"bwana" schreef in bericht ...
I have a akai tv witch goes to standby mode when switched on, two daches displayed on led display.
When you switch the set on several times you can see only a vertical stripe ( no vertical deflection) but goes always to standby.
When i disconnect the 5.1 voltage from ic 760 the system starts up with only the vertical stripe and no led display and no sound.
replaced ic01 msp2400 with no result.

thanks in advance

Rik
Rifleman

Hi Rik!

I was probably tired when I read your message.
Hope someone else got something on your fault.

regards
Bjorn/SM2GXN

bwana wrote:
I have a akai tv witch goes to standby mode when switched on, two

daches displayed on led display.
When you switch the set on several times you can see only a vertical

stripe ( no vertical deflection) but goes always to standby.
When i disconnect the 5.1 voltage from ic 760 the system starts up

with only the vertical stripe and no led display and no sound.
replaced ic01 msp2400 with no result.

thanks in advance

Rik

what chassis is it? i seem to recall some akai's of early 90s vintage
with ITT Nokia boards, i had to replace the vertical IC in one not long
ago - an inexpensive and relatively easy repair.
-Ben

Leonard Caillouet

Didn't Akai use some NEC chassis for sets back then? Could be one of those
with the socketed ICs that need cleaning, the bad solder joints in the
vertical output section, or the bad tantalum cap near the VCJ.

Leonard

"b" wrote in message
oups.com...