Max

Default LAPTOP NEC Versa SX problem...No boot

Hi I have a Versa SX laptop from NEC that doesn't boot .

When pressing the power , the power light lit but the cpu fan stop turning
right away and nothing on the screen and nothing else.

I have swapped the CPU , RAM , HD and samething.

Any idea ?

Duh, battery.

Max

Even if no batterie , it should work with the DC adaptor. It's a 16 DC
transfo and it's holding his power.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Duh, battery.

nvic

The battery first, needs to be installed even when plugged-in. I'd
check the Clock Bettery, if that went dead nothing will boot because
the BIOS is missing settings. It is in there you may have to look for
it though. Looks like a watch battery.

Ditto, many newer laptops require a good battery to boot up and turn
on, even when connected to the ac adapter.