Dave.au

Default overvoltage in plasma - fujitsu

When i turn the unit on model (pds4221w-h) it comes on for a few seconds
with green fuzz on the screen and then turns off, The power indicator
flashes continusoly which means overvoltage.

I need some advice on this. and or a service manual if anyone has one.

thoughts any one?

thanks

david

The service manual has test points and tells you which board to
replace.
Highly unlikely they will sell you the board unless you are a Fujitsu
authorized repair center. Fujitsu is one of many plasma screen
companies that wants all repair service performed by an authorized
servicer in the US.

Chris

"Dave.au" wrote in :

When i turn the unit on model (pds4221w-h) it comes on for a few
seconds with green fuzz on the screen and then turns off, The power
indicator flashes continusoly which means overvoltage.

I need some advice on this. and or a service manual if anyone has one.

thoughts any one?

thanks

david

Fujitsu service manuals are pathetic. Nothing but a flow chart and parts
list. Even as an authorized servicer, their help is minimal.
Unfortunately, at least 1 board of possibly 3 is bad in your plasma. The
only way to find the bad one is to swap them out. At $900 - $1200 a
board, troubleshooting can get expensive for someone without the boards
in stock. I have repaired some of these boards. Circuit tracing is the
only way. Not a good idea for the inexperienced and brain damaging for
those that do. Components from Fujitsu for this unit are not possible so
if you find a bad part, you better hope it's not proprietary to Fujitsu
or preprogrammed. Your best bet is to contact an authorized servicer in
your area.

--
Remove "NS" from the e-mail address to respond.
James Sweet

"Dave.au" wrote in message
When i turn the unit on model (pds4221w-h) it comes on for a few seconds
with green fuzz on the screen and then turns off, The power indicator
flashes continusoly which means overvoltage.

I need some advice on this. and or a service manual if anyone has one.

thoughts any one?

thanks

david

I would look on the power supply board and see if there's any bad
electrolytic capacitors. If any test points on that board are labeled with
voltages then that's a place to start. Plasmas are no picnic to service
though.

Dave.au

Thanks for the tips, i better try to get a service manual and have a look at
the flow charts! and get the meter out

cheers

James Sweet

"Dave.au" wrote in message
Thanks for the tips, i better try to get a service manual and have a look

at
the flow charts! and get the meter out

cheers

I think you'll find the service manual will tell you to replace the power
supply module, not very useful.