DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   overvoltage in plasma - fujitsu (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/105882-overvoltage-plasma-fujitsu.html)

Dave.au May 10th 05 12:35 PM

overvoltage in plasma - fujitsu

When i turn the unit on model (pds4221w-h) it comes on for a few seconds
with green fuzz on the screen and then turns off, The power indicator
flashes continusoly which means overvoltage.

I need some advice on this. and or a service manual if anyone has one.

thoughts any one?

thanks

david

[email protected] May 10th 05 02:06 PM

The service manual has test points and tells you which board to
replace.
Highly unlikely they will sell you the board unless you are a Fujitsu
authorized repair center. Fujitsu is one of many plasma screen
companies that wants all repair service performed by an authorized
servicer in the US.

Chris May 10th 05 03:50 PM

"Dave.au" wrote in :

When i turn the unit on model (pds4221w-h) it comes on for a few
seconds with green fuzz on the screen and then turns off, The power
indicator flashes continusoly which means overvoltage.

I need some advice on this. and or a service manual if anyone has one.

thoughts any one?

thanks

david

Fujitsu service manuals are pathetic. Nothing but a flow chart and parts
list. Even as an authorized servicer, their help is minimal.
Unfortunately, at least 1 board of possibly 3 is bad in your plasma. The
only way to find the bad one is to swap them out. At $900 - $1200 a
board, troubleshooting can get expensive for someone without the boards
in stock. I have repaired some of these boards. Circuit tracing is the
only way. Not a good idea for the inexperienced and brain damaging for
those that do. Components from Fujitsu for this unit are not possible so
if you find a bad part, you better hope it's not proprietary to Fujitsu
or preprogrammed. Your best bet is to contact an authorized servicer in
your area.

--
Remove "NS" from the e-mail address to respond.

James Sweet May 11th 05 05:18 AM

"Dave.au" wrote in message
When i turn the unit on model (pds4221w-h) it comes on for a few seconds
with green fuzz on the screen and then turns off, The power indicator
flashes continusoly which means overvoltage.

I need some advice on this. and or a service manual if anyone has one.

thoughts any one?

thanks

david

I would look on the power supply board and see if there's any bad
electrolytic capacitors. If any test points on that board are labeled with
voltages then that's a place to start. Plasmas are no picnic to service
though.

Dave.au May 11th 05 11:25 AM

Thanks for the tips, i better try to get a service manual and have a look at
the flow charts! and get the meter out

cheers

James Sweet May 15th 05 08:55 AM

"Dave.au" wrote in message
Thanks for the tips, i better try to get a service manual and have a look

at
the flow charts! and get the meter out

cheers

I think you'll find the service manual will tell you to replace the power
supply module, not very useful.