**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY**

Default Levitton PR180 IR Occupancy Detector

I bought one of these %*$& devices to switch on and off my laundry room
lights. Specifically I bought this model because it is Decora, has a 180
degree sensor and will accept a remote 3-way wall switch via a traveller
as a 3-way arrangement. It turns my incandescent load on and off just
fine. The problem is the 3-way switch arrangement.

I need the 3-way switch because the room is an "L" shape and one
entrance is shadowed.

After talking to Levitton customer service, I now understand that the
way it is wired, it detects only a change of state from a three way
switch wired with a jumper from common to one pole. (It appears a single
pole switch would accomplish the same thing). If you read the schematic,
the red sensor lead sees hot or simply floats, changing that state is
supposed to trigger the unit to turn on and run (with timer) as if you
walked through the sensor. Levitton says to switch the black and yellow
leads (Hot and load) if it doesn't trigger from the red lead.

Well after much headscratching, and changing wires all around to reroute
the traveller, the hot, the load and the neutral in various different
ways to satisfy the "Levitton Triac God", this thing is just plain
intermittent.

Any suggestions??

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"

The Lost Deep Thoughts By: Jack Handey
Before a mad scientist goes mad, there's probably a time
when he's only partially mad. And this is the time when he's
going to throw his best parties.

Motion detector light problems sperrin Home Repair 14 January 9th 19 06:08 AM
Carbon Monoxide Detector F UK diy 18 February 4th 05 01:59 PM
First Alert CO2 Detector F UK diy 2 January 22nd 05 10:19 PM
Smoke/fire detector that isn't too sensitive? Jonathan Kamens Home Ownership 7 October 19th 04 12:46 AM
Wiring for detector base Alistair Electronics Repair 0 January 27th 04 08:47 PM