Bill Sheppard

Default IR Motion Sensor Question

Hi
I'm building a security system for my apt. building, and
will be using those IR motion sensors that turn on floodlights. Is it OK
to connect an inductive load (a transformer) in parallel with the
floodlight? Thanks
Bill

Header address is a spam trap. E-mail: oldcoot88atwebtv.net Change 'at'
to @

Bill Jeffrey

Bill -

Assuming the secondary of the transformer is connected to a resistive
load, then I don't think the primary will look inductive. A good power
transformer simply reflects the secondary load back to the primary,
modified by the turns ratio. There is leakage inductance, of course,
but it presents a tiny load, especially compared to the floodlight in
parallel with it.

You should be good to go.

Bill Jeffrey
=============================

Bill Sheppard wrote:

Hi
I'm building a security system for my apt. building, and
will be using those IR motion sensors that turn on floodlights. Is it OK
to connect an inductive load (a transformer) in parallel with the
floodlight? Thanks
Bill

Header address is a spam trap. E-mail: oldcoot88atwebtv.net Change 'at'
to @

david

hello
I used a 230v to 9v transformer in one of the light sockets to operate a
siren instead of the globe worked for years

David