Bert

Default problem with my HP4195 Spectrum network analyzer

Hi,

I have a problem with my HP4195 Spectrum network analyzer.

I did not use it for a while and now when I power up I can hear a beep, see
some of the leds burning and hear the Fans making the normal noise.
However the screen remains black.

When i power off I see a bright flash on the screen.

When I briefly power of and power on again , I can see something on the
screen but it looks out of sync. (all horizontal stripes)

and I can recognize sometimes something that could well be a blinking
cursor.

I is too bad I have no documentation of the device:-S
and i have no clue where to start to get it running again

can anyone provide me with some help in this problem??
tnx in advance.

Greets Bert

Rich

Hi

The same thing has recently just happened to me - did you manage to fix
it ?

Rich

nvic

I heard of this being ROM Failure. If you can get a ROM for it, it
maybe the problem. You can also borrow someones good rom and use an
EEPROM writer to read the good ROM and make an EEPROM of it. I've seen
reports of success with Copied ROMs.

Goldstar CNR-2994P Tuner problem Jerry G. Electronics Repair 4 June 21st 04 07:39 PM
Viewsonic Vertical Problem Scott Nielson Electronics Repair 6 May 15th 04 05:02 PM
problem seamus Electronics Repair 1 July 25th 03 02:50 AM
2.4Ghz phone vs 900Mhz Spread Spectrum Jerry Greenberg Metalworking 0 July 16th 03 01:33 AM