DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   problem with my HP4195 Spectrum network analyzer (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/103720-problem-my-hp4195-spectrum-network-analyzer.html)

Bert April 21st 05 12:42 PM

problem with my HP4195 Spectrum network analyzer

Hi,

I have a problem with my HP4195 Spectrum network analyzer.

I did not use it for a while and now when I power up I can hear a beep, see
some of the leds burning and hear the Fans making the normal noise.
However the screen remains black.

When i power off I see a bright flash on the screen.

When I briefly power of and power on again , I can see something on the
screen but it looks out of sync. (all horizontal stripes)

and I can recognize sometimes something that could well be a blinking
cursor.

I is too bad I have no documentation of the device:-S
and i have no clue where to start to get it running again:(

can anyone provide me with some help in this problem??
tnx in advance.

Greets Bert

Rich May 5th 05 12:19 PM

Hi

The same thing has recently just happened to me - did you manage to fix
it ?

Rich

nvic May 17th 05 05:51 AM

I heard of this being ROM Failure. If you can get a ROM for it, it
maybe the problem. You can also borrow someones good rom and use an
EEPROM writer to read the good ROM and make an EEPROM of it. I've seen
reports of success with Copied ROMs.