Long

Default Sony camcorder CCD-TVR15 - problem of closing cassette compartment

I would like to ask everybody for an advice.

The cassette housing assembly (cassette compartment)
of my Sony camcorder CCD-TVR15 (Video8-XR) can not
keep closing. When I press to close it, it will go
down and close normally, but it gently pops up again
after few seconds. The problem happens either
with or without inserting a tape. There is nothing
stuck inside.

Please advise me what's wrong with my camcorder and
how to fix it.

Thank you very much in advance.
Jumpster Jiver

Long wrote:
I would like to ask everybody for an advice.

The cassette housing assembly (cassette compartment)
of my Sony camcorder CCD-TVR15 (Video8-XR) can not
keep closing. When I press to close it, it will go
down and close normally, but it gently pops up again
after few seconds. The problem happens either
with or without inserting a tape. There is nothing
stuck inside.

Please advise me what's wrong with my camcorder and
how to fix it.

Thank you very much in advance.

There are many possible causes for this problem. Some of the mechanical
possibilities a
Broken or mis-aligned gears,
Dirty or loose mode switch,
Broken or loose belt,
and more.

Some of the electronic possibilities include:
A small crack in one of the circuit boards,
Damaged components on the boards, especially capacitors which have a
habit of going bad and leaking corrosive fluid onto the board,
Torn or cracked ribbon cables - these connect the mechanism to the
boards and connect the boards to each other.

The camera needs to be disassembled and diagnosed to determine which
part of the circuit is telling the door to open and why it is doing
that. Then the problem can be corrected only by either replacing the
defective parts or by realigning the parts that are out of their correct
position.