Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

Default VP2450 Spice Model

I'm behaviorally modeling a _system_ that includes the discrete device
Supertex VP2450.

At the Supertex/Microchip site, it says no Spice model available :-)

Does anyone know of a model?

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson | mens |
| Analog Innovations | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

On Sun, 27 Apr 2014 09:27:27 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

I'm behaviorally modeling a _system_ that includes the discrete device
Supertex VP2450.

At the Supertex/Microchip site, it says no Spice model available :-)

Does anyone know of a model?

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

Why not just use some similar part that you have a model for? That mosfet is not
at all unusual, and they are not precision parts anyhow.

That's what I usually do for vanilla diodes, transistors, or mosfets: pick
something close that LT Spice already has. Exotica, like phemts or depletion
fets or jfets, justify more exact models.

Or, if you really want a VP2450 model, pick a similar mosfet model and tweak the
params.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology Inc
www.highlandtechnology.com jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

wrote:

I'm behaviorally modeling a _system_ that includes the discrete device
Supertex VP2450.

At the Supertex/Microchip site, it says no Spice model available :-)

Does anyone know of a model?

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

Why not just use some similar part that you have a model for? That mosfet is not
at all unusual, and they are not precision parts anyhow.

500V PMOS

That's what I usually do for vanilla diodes, transistors, or mosfets: pick
something close that LT Spice already has. Exotica, like phemts or depletion
fets or jfets, justify more exact models.

Or, if you really want a VP2450 model, pick a similar mosfet model and tweak the
params.

The problem is nailing the GBW product of this monster.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson | mens |
| Analog Innovations | et |
| San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: Contacts Only | |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

wrote:

I'm behaviorally modeling a _system_ that includes the discrete device
Supertex VP2450.

At the Supertex/Microchip site, it says no Spice model available :-)

Does anyone know of a model?

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

Why not just use some similar part that you have a model for? That mosfet is not
at all unusual, and they are not precision parts anyhow.

500V PMOS

Spice models of semiconductors rarely include breakdown voltage. LT Spice is
happy to run a 1N4148 at -100 kilovolts.

That part is not avalanche rated, so don't let the drain voltage hit -500.

That's what I usually do for vanilla diodes, transistors, or mosfets: pick
something close that LT Spice already has. Exotica, like phemts or depletion
fets or jfets, justify more exact models.

Or, if you really want a VP2450 model, pick a similar mosfet model and tweak the
params.

The problem is nailing the GBW product of this monster.

...Jim Thompson

As I said, pick something close. The GBW won't be precise anyhow. Your circuit
should have a lot of tolerance for fet capacitances and such.

Hey, you are supposed to be the model creation guru, so create a model.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology Inc
www.highlandtechnology.com jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

wrote:

[...]

Takes data to make a model. That is lacking, and the customers
measurements are suspect.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson | mens |
| Analog Innovations | et |
| San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: Contacts Only | |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics

In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

I suppose one could insert the "BV" parameter in a existing model, that
is, if the model being used has that.

If you use a VDMOS, you can apply the BV Vds(Break down voltage)

Oh well.

Jamie