Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default Why did most of the posts move to SED?

Did I miss the memo that everybody was to move conversations over to SED?
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Mon, 02 Jan 2012 21:28:50 -0500, Oppie wrote:

Did I miss the memo that everybody was to move conversations over to
SED?

Maybe, many Usenet servers dont carry it because its a binary group?
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Wond" wrote in message
On Mon, 02 Jan 2012 21:28:50 -0500, Oppie wrote:

Did I miss the memo that everybody was to move conversations over to
SED?

Maybe, many Usenet servers dont carry it because its a binary group?

I have an account with Teranews, which carries abse. They do have some
occasional outages where I fall back to newsfeed.aioe.org and use
(no-binaries) text only.
Just a pain trying to post any graphic to a non binaries group.

Cheers - Oppie

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Photobucket, Imgur, but avoid ImageShank, etc. I don't even know how many
there are out there... plenty of simple and good ones, like Imgur.
Probably the abundance of them keep people from even remembering any
actually exist... I'm sure Google can generate a list.

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.

"Oppie" wrote in message
"Wond" wrote in message
On Mon, 02 Jan 2012 21:28:50 -0500, Oppie wrote:

Did I miss the memo that everybody was to move conversations over to
SED?

Maybe, many Usenet servers dont carry it because its a binary group?

I have an account with Teranews, which carries abse. They do have some
occasional outages where I fall back to newsfeed.aioe.org and use
(no-binaries) text only.
Just a pain trying to post any graphic to a non binaries group.

Cheers - Oppie

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Tue, 3 Jan 2012 14:41:43 -0500, "Oppie" wrote:

"Wond" wrote in message
On Mon, 02 Jan 2012 21:28:50 -0500, Oppie wrote:

Did I miss the memo that everybody was to move conversations over to
SED?

Because that's where conversations belong?

Maybe, many Usenet servers dont carry it because its a binary group?

eternal-sept. carry this group, which is good because my
ISPs news server is stuck, stalled, or maybe ?? Still
responds to pings, but that's all I see, thing saturated
by people escaping the silly bandwidth doubling p2p file
sharing system?

I have an account with Teranews, which carries abse. They do have some
occasional outages where I fall back to newsfeed.aioe.org and use
(no-binaries) text only.
Just a pain trying to post any graphic to a non binaries group.

Sure it's a pain, don't do that, it hurts Most wont see it,
some may see it, before it gets noticed and purged. If you ask
nicely, you might get your favourite a.b.whatsit group carried.

Grant.

Cheers - Oppie

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"KG" wrote in message

OK, I give up, WHAT is SED, and how do I follow it?

Sorry, thought most everybody on this ng was subscribed to both. SED is text
only while ABSE is 'full service'.

Cheers - Oppie

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Tue, 3 Jan 2012 15:37:31 +0000 (UTC), Wond wrote:

On Mon, 02 Jan 2012 21:28:50 -0500, Oppie wrote:

Did I miss the memo that everybody was to move conversations over to
SED?

Maybe, many Usenet servers dont carry it because its a binary group?

Forgive my ignorance, but what is SED?

Thank you.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 17:14:01 -0500, Nora wrote:

On Tue, 3 Jan 2012 15:37:31 +0000 (UTC), Wond wrote:

On Mon, 02 Jan 2012 21:28:50 -0500, Oppie wrote:

Did I miss the memo that everybody was to move conversations over to
SED?

Maybe, many Usenet servers dont carry it because its a binary group?

Forgive my ignorance, but what is SED?

Thank you.

a. A semiconductor device that emits a loud "pop" when
attached across the mains supply (Sound Emitting Diode).

b. sci.electronics.design, a Usenet newsgroup.