Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Default Californica... Bwahahahahaha!

Californica... Bwahahahahahaha!

http://tinyurl.com/3ws8gvx

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On 5/23/2011 10:04 AM, Jim Thompson wrote:
Californica... Bwahahahahahaha!

http://tinyurl.com/3ws8gvx

...Jim Thompson

How many will they ship off to Arizona ??

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
Californica... Bwahahahahahaha!
http://tinyurl.com/3ws8gvx

Maybe they'll contract with Arizona and send some thousands over your way? :-)

Sheriff Joe seems to have figured out how to house prisoners on the cheap...

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Mon, 23 May 2011 10:59:22 -0700, "Joel Koltner"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
Californica... Bwahahahahahaha!
http://tinyurl.com/3ws8gvx

Maybe they'll contract with Arizona and send some thousands over your way? :-)

Sheriff Joe seems to have figured out how to house prisoners on the cheap...

Could be. But Californica will have to pay a fee for each one.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

"Joel Koltner" wrote in message

Maybe they'll contract with Arizona and send some thousands over your way?
:-)
Sheriff Joe seems to have figured out how to house prisoners on the
cheap...

Soylent Green

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Mon, 23 May 2011 11:58:40 -0600, hamilton
wrote:

On 5/23/2011 10:04 AM, Jim Thompson wrote:
Californica... Bwahahahahahaha!

http://tinyurl.com/3ws8gvx

...Jim Thompson

How many will they ship off to Arizona ??

We do have too many people in prison here, partly due to the Three
Strikes thing promoted by the prison guards union. You can go to
prison for life for a non-violent crime.

And too many people in for minor drug things.

Google Arizona prisons to see what a great job they are doing.

John

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

On 5/23/2011 10:04 AM, Jim Thompson wrote:
Californica... Bwahahahahahaha!

http://tinyurl.com/3ws8gvx

...Jim Thompson

How many will they ship off to Arizona ??

We do have too many people in prison here, partly due to the Three
Strikes thing promoted by the prison guards union. You can go to
prison for life for a non-violent crime.

That is what appeals most to an ignorant scared and vengeful US public.
They never could grasp the idea of reforming and (re)educating minor
criminals to make them into good citizens. Populist demagogues just want
to lock 'em up as cheaply as possible and throw away the key.

And too many people in for minor drug things.

But gotta have the "War on Drugs" to keep prices good and high to help
maximise drug lord profits on the illegal distribution network.

Google Arizona prisons to see what a great job they are doing.

I expect it is a really great way to obtain a more complete training for
life as a professional criminal. Better underworld contacts and improved
technical methods being fairly obvious consequences of badly thought
through imprisonment regimes. Odd that the "Land of the Free" has the
highest incarceration rate of any major nation and is 6x worse than that
beacon of democracy China (perhaps maybe even as bad as N Korea -
accurate prison figures from there are difficult to obtain).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4481261.stm

The scary thing in America with the rise of gated communities is that
the very rich are now decoupling themselves from the rest of society.
They are just as much prisoners of their fear albeit in a gilded cage.

Regards,
Martin Brown
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Tue, 24 May 2011 08:57:44 +0100, Martin Brown
wrote:

The scary thing in America with the rise of gated communities is that
the very rich are now decoupling themselves from the rest of society.
They are just as much prisoners of their fear albeit in a gilded cage.

Regards,
Martin Brown

Very Rich? You really are out of touch, ain't you Martin. I could
live in a gated community, if I wanted to! You can live in a gated
community if you are even lower middle class if you want, it is just a
choice available!

I just don't like living in them...

BTW, my mom and dad lived in one back in the '70s, which was a mobile
home community with homes in the $30k's!

Charlie
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

The scary thing in America with the rise of gated communities is that
the very rich are now decoupling themselves from the rest of society.
They are just as much prisoners of their fear albeit in a gilded cage.

Regards,
Martin Brown

Very Rich? You really are out of touch, ain't you Martin. I could
live in a gated community, if I wanted to! You can live in a gated
community if you are even lower middle class if you want, it is just a
choice available!

I just don't like living in them...

BTW, my mom and dad lived in one back in the '70s, which was a mobile
home community with homes in the $30k's!

Charlie

It always amazes me how Europeons pontificate on life in the United
States, yet very few, if any, have ever visited here for long enough
to observe real life styles.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On 5/24/2011 8:33 AM, Jim Thompson wrote:

It always amazes me how Europeons pontificate on life in the United
States, yet very few, if any, have ever visited here for long enough
to observe real life styles.

...Jim Thompson

I have that same reaction about a certain Arizonan commenting on California.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Tue, 24 May 2011 10:27:14 -0700, Dan Coby
wrote:

On 5/24/2011 8:33 AM, Jim Thompson wrote:

It always amazes me how Europeons pontificate on life in the United
States, yet very few, if any, have ever visited here for long enough
to observe real life styles.

...Jim Thompson

I have that same reaction about a certain Arizonan commenting on California.

Duh! I've lived in Californica.

Do business there quite a lot, and rank it third...

New York, **** hole of the world

Massachusetts, asshole of the nation

Californica, pleasant, but grossly over-priced

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

On 5/24/2011 8:33 AM, Jim Thompson wrote:

It always amazes me how Europeons pontificate on life in the United
States, yet very few, if any, have ever visited here for long enough
to observe real life styles.

...Jim Thompson

I have that same reaction about a certain Arizonan commenting on California.

Duh! I've lived in Californica.

[snip]

The "economics" of Californica...

http://tinyurl.com/3grtbxw

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

it could ONLY happen in america.. instead of spending trillions of dollars
on a un needed defence budget , how bout using th emoney where it counts
? simple build more jails...

i mean what moronic country releases prisoners ??? due to over crowding ?

even though usa has got pathetic health cover ( make that none ) and
virtuially no unemployment support , releasing prisoners is gonna make
things worse..

australia has got FREE ( note i said free !!) health support . and decent
unemployment ) benefits and australia is no where as rich as usa.

so how come australia can have it and america cant....... ???

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
Californica... Bwahahahahahaha!

http://tinyurl.com/3ws8gvx

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Thu, 26 May 2011 08:31:38 +0930, "no one"
wrote:

it could ONLY happen in america.. instead of spending trillions of dollars
on a un needed defence budget , how bout using th emoney where it counts
? simple build more jails...

i mean what moronic country releases prisoners ??? due to over crowding ?

even though usa has got pathetic health cover ( make that none ) and
virtuially no unemployment support , releasing prisoners is gonna make
things worse..

australia has got FREE ( note i said free !!) health support . and decent
unemployment ) benefits and australia is no where as rich as usa.

so how come australia can have it and america cant....... ???

[snip what Aussie's can't manage :-]

I've been in Australia, albeit 24 years ago (Sydney, Melbourne).

I recall a place where you got fined if you kept your shop open 7 days
a week.

However I did very much like Australia... reminded me of the USA in
the '50's. Nice friendly people. And I love Australian-rules
football... almost as much fun as a bull fight ;-)

I've even recently (2009) did a design job for a client in Adelaide.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

i got a broken arm.... paid not one red cent to get it fixed..
it does not matter wether its state or federal, they all stir the same pot

right explain to me :

can you get free medical if you dont have a job, or even if you do :?

so if your on the dole, and you need a operation , in usa , you dont have
to pay for it ? cause i didnt ...here in australia.

thats what we pay taxes for ...... for unemployment benefits ... ohhhh wait
good ol usa is more concerned about their military budget, they cant even
afford decent social security benefits.. explain that to me,, no wonder
everybody is killing every body in usa....

wrote:

it could ONLY happen in america.. instead of spending trillions of
dollars
on a un needed defence budget , how bout using th emoney where it counts
? simple build more jails...

The Federal government doesn't build state jails and prisons, the
States do.

When speaking of the 'U.S. budget' people almost invariably speak of
the Federal but the States, with some notable exceptions, are
responsible for most things 'domestic'.

i mean what moronic country releases prisoners ??? due to over crowding
?

The U.S. Supreme Court. And, as mentioned above, it's not "the
country" but California.

It's part of the perennial debate over Federal vs State powers, in
this case the Federal Courts.

even though usa has got pathetic health cover ( make that none ) and
virtuially no unemployment support , releasing prisoners is gonna make
things worse..

australia has got FREE ( note i said free !!) health support . and
decent
unemployment ) benefits and australia is no where as rich as usa.

Hogwash. NOTHING in this world is 'free'. Do you think the doctors
work 'for free'? Hospitals are built 'for free'? You beg the world for
discarded or 'free' medical devices and drugs?

What you mean is YOU don't pay for it, or at least you don't think so,
and apparently don't care who the money is extorted from.

so how come australia can have it and america cant....... ???

"Jim Thompson" wrote
in
message ...
Californica... Bwahahahahahaha!

http://tinyurl.com/3ws8gvx

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

[...]

Since you are 'so much more enlightened', we should just ship all of
them to Europe and let you deal with them.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

no one wrote:

i got a broken arm.... paid not one red cent to get it fixed..
it does not matter wether its state or federal, they all stir the same pot

right explain to me :

can you get free medical if you dont have a job, or even if you do :?

If you have to ask you won't understand that we do, or how it works.

so if your on the dole, and you need a operation , in usa , you dont have
to pay for it ? cause i didnt ...here in australia.

thats what we pay taxes for ...... for unemployment benefits ... ohhhh wait
good ol usa is more concerned about their military budget, they cant even
afford decent social security benefits.. explain that to me,, no wonder
everybody is killing every body in usa....

So you got that arm fixed but as usual, they ignore mental health
problems and basic education.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On 26/05/2011 06:15, flipper wrote:
On Thu, 26 May 2011 12:35:18 +0930, "no
wrote:

i got a broken arm.... paid not one red cent to get it fixed..

Like I said, there is no such thing as 'free' and while YOU may not
have paid for it SOMEONE did.

What he means is that at the time of emergency need it didn't cost him a
penny. You don't end up bankrupted here if you get seriously ill.

That is the mark of a civilised society - how it treats its weakest and
most vulnerable members. If you are unlucky enough to be seriously ill
in the USA then the chances are that unable to work you will not have
the money for proper treatment or will quickly run out of savings.

America is a great place to be healthy and wealthy. But lose either one
and you will surely lose the other.

Most of us consider it to be a really good deal to pay for the health
service and *NOT* have to use it for anything more serious than a cold
or flu. I don't want to get "value for money" out of my contributions -
but I am happy if those contributions do help others to get better.

Everyone pays for the public hospitals in Europe either through health
insurance or taxes and they operate on a not for profit basis (apart
from the private ones that cherry pick easy to do lucrative operations
and then throw their failures over the wall to the NHS for repairs).

can you get free medical if you dont have a job, or even if you do :?

In the sense that someone else 'pays for it', yes.

But only when their condition has deteriorated to the point where
massive intervention is necessary making it much more expensive.

I don't suppose Americans have heard the saying "A stitch in time saves
nine" - it applies in spades for medical intervention.

so if your on the dole, and you need a operation , in usa , you dont have
to pay for it ? cause i didnt ...here in australia.

Hospitals are required to provide emergency services regardless of
ability to pay, which is why costs go up for those who do pay.

Which is insane since nothing happens until it is an acute emergency.
Emergencies cost a lot more to handle than routine outpatient care and
drives up the costs in the USA to be roughly twice that of comparable
societies like Japan which have far better outcomes and considerably
greater longevity as a result (and despite smoking like chimneys).

Then you have the price gouging by your private insurance schemes and
all their agents commissions and lobbyist bribes to congress.

Btw, what are you going to do when those who pay for it run out of
money?

So long as there is a healthy working population we all pay for it.

Oh I forgot. It is the aim of every good American to consume enough junk
food to contract type 2 diabetes by the age of 40 and wreck their knees
and hips by 50 to get best value out of their employers health
insurance. Perhaps in America where being grossly overweight and unfit
is considered normal there might be a problem funding a *health* service.

thats what we pay taxes for ...... for unemployment benefits ...

Where do you get that "we" stuff, paleface. It you were part of the
'we' then you DID pay for it.

Of course he pays for it. On average most people pay in more than they
take out over a lifetime. But think about it - do you really want to
spend time seriously ill in hospital just to get your moneys worth?

Perhaps this really is a cultural thing but in Europe and Australia we
value health, fitness and a long life over money.

Americans seem to know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Regards,
Martin Brown
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

i got a broken arm.... paid not one red cent to get it fixed..

Like I said, there is no such thing as 'free' and while YOU may not
have paid for it SOMEONE did.

What he means is that at the time of emergency need it didn't cost him a
penny. You don't end up bankrupted here if you get seriously ill.

That is the mark of a civilised society - how it treats its weakest and
most vulnerable members. If you are unlucky enough to be seriously ill
in the USA then the chances are that unable to work you will not have
the money for proper treatment or will quickly run out of savings.

Yeah, but do you have numbers? How many are _TRULY_ "weak and vulnerable"
and how many are just working the system for a free ride at taxpayer
expense?

And this "got a broken arm" stuff - what negligent act was "no one"
performing when he broke his arm, or did some monster reach out of the
sky and grab him by the arm and break it for him?

The fundamental problem is, people do what they get paid to do. If you
pay people to be in poverty, by golly, they'll stay in poverty as long
as they can get paid for it. It's the same with teenage pregnancy and
universal health care - why should I bother to use the table saw safely
when I can get the taxpayers to fork over $60,000.00 to have my fingers
reattached?

Thanks,
Rich

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

umm mmmm i work , and pay taxes, still got me arm fixed for free.. thats
what we pay our taxes for.....
usa rather spend trillions on war than spend 1/8th of that money for
their own people in health care, etc...

now all those out there who have a job , its easy to say to those
unemployed " get a job "
well its not easy : there are people who will have to get unemployment
benefits ... you dont have any money , you turn to ( more than likely ..)
crime to support yoursself , no WONDER the crime rate in america is
astronomical , also they will need health care , usa could not give a
toss about their citizens, so you have to pay for it , you dont ,you
die...

..
just looked at the average hourly wage in usa any where from 8 to 20 $$
a HOUR ... bugger me , i earn 70$ AUD a hour as a mechanic...

i wouldnt even get outa bed for less than 40$ aud a hour...

"
I know precisely what he means and said so the first time around. He
likes not having to pay and doesn't care who gets stuck with the bill.

That is the mark of a civilised society

You are referring to organized theft as 'the mark'.

- how it treats its weakest and
most vulnerable members.

And there's more than one way to do it.

If you are unlucky enough to be seriously ill
in the USA then the chances are that unable to work you will not have
the money for proper treatment or will quickly run out of savings.

America is a great place to be healthy and wealthy. But lose either one
and you will surely lose the other.

No, but then you have no idea how 'healthcare' works in the U.S.

Most of us consider it to be a really good deal to pay for the health
service and *NOT* have to use it for anything more serious than a cold
or flu.

That is called "insurance."

I don't want to get "value for money" out of my contributions -
but I am happy if those contributions do help others to get better.

Good for you. Now explain to me why the government need coerce it out
of such a lovely person as yourself.

Everyone pays for the public hospitals in Europe either through health
insurance or taxes and they operate on a not for profit basis (apart
from the private ones that cherry pick easy to do lucrative operations
and then throw their failures over the wall to the NHS for repairs).

If "everyone paid for [it]" then there would be no need for anything
other than self purchased private insurance.

can you get free medical if you dont have a job, or even if you do :?

In the sense that someone else 'pays for it', yes.

But only when their condition has deteriorated to the point where
massive intervention is necessary making it much more expensive.

Oh really, Mr. US Heathcare practitioner?

I don't suppose Americans have heard the saying "A stitch in time saves
nine" - it applies in spades for medical intervention.

As usual, you 'suppose' wrong again.

so if your on the dole, and you need a operation , in usa , you dont
have
to pay for it ? cause i didnt ...here in australia.

Hospitals are required to provide emergency services regardless of
ability to pay, which is why costs go up for those who do pay.

Which is insane since nothing happens until it is an acute emergency.
Emergencies cost a lot more to handle than routine outpatient care and
drives up the costs in the USA to be roughly twice that of comparable
societies like Japan which have far better outcomes and considerably
greater longevity as a result (and despite smoking like chimneys).

That is such a jumble of inconsistencies it would take a book to
correct.

Then you have the price gouging by your private insurance schemes and
all their agents commissions and lobbyist bribes to congress.

Funny how with all your alleged 'price gouging' they still do it at
less cost and fewer 'claim denials' than government.

Btw, what are you going to do when those who pay for it run out of
money?

So long as there is a healthy working population we all pay for it.

Then you don't need the 'middle man' government, since you're 'paying
for it'.

Oh I forgot. It is the aim of every good American to consume enough junk
food to contract type 2 diabetes by the age of 40 and wreck their knees
and hips by 50 to get best value out of their employers health
insurance. Perhaps in America where being grossly overweight and unfit
is considered normal there might be a problem funding a *health* service.

Do you put in a lot of effort into being an ignorant braying jackass
or is it a natural talent?

thats what we pay taxes for ...... for unemployment benefits ...

Where do you get that "we" stuff, paleface. It you were part of the
'we' then you DID pay for it.

Of course he pays for it.

He says not, but then you obviously think him incompetent to speak for
himself.

On average most people pay in more than they
take out over a lifetime. But think about it - do you really want to
spend time seriously ill in hospital just to get your moneys worth?

Don't be such an idiot. The 'average' person doesn't pay even a
fraction of what the alleged 'insurance' costs.

Perhaps this really is a cultural thing but in Europe and Australia we
value health, fitness and a long life over money.

The 'cultural thing' is in Europe and Australia it seems loud mouths
enjoy the 'benefits' of organized theft.

Americans seem to know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Bray, bray, bray.

Regards,
Martin Brown

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

yes you can get free medical if you dont have a job. look at centrelink
australia website.
america doesnt realize ( too much involved invading orther peoples
countries for their oil..) that you spend a few dollars fixing someone up
, problem solved , you DONT , that can lead to crime/murder creating
more problems... and if they dont get fixed up and they die , and their is
no one to pay for their funeral costs , government does which cost EVEN
more money...

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

no one wrote:

[...]

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

.
just looked at the average hourly wage in usa any where from 8 to 20 $$
a HOUR ... bugger me , i earn 70$ AUD a hour as a mechanic...

The typical mechanic around here makes 75$ US... my recent plumber
encounter was at 100$ US per hour :-(

I don't know where you get 8 to 20$ US as "average"?

[snip]

As I recall my time in Australia, Aussie electrical engineers made
~1/3 of what American engineers made.

methinks you be guilty of gross exaggeration :-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

no one wrote:

yes you can get free medical if you dont have a job. look at centrelink
australia website.
america doesnt realize ( too much involved invading orther peoples
countries for their oil..) that you spend a few dollars fixing someone up
, problem solved , you DONT , that can lead to crime/murder creating
more problems... and if they dont get fixed up and they die , and their is
no one to pay for their funeral costs , government does which cost EVEN
more money...

You are a charter member of the illeteratti in Oz.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

"flipper" wrote in message
It's not a trivial amount either. If we take UAW 2007 numbers, which
serves the double duty of illustrating benefits as well as the
'problem' with unions, the 'average' UAW worker makes $28 an hour.
Including base pay, cost-of-living adjustments, night-shift premiums,
overtime, holiday and vacation pay it comes to $39.68 an hour.
Health-care, pension and other benefits average another $33.58 an
hour.

Gee, and here I thought it was only those government employees who had the
gold-plated health care and pension plans! :-)

I'm a big advocate of having employment offers disclose the total compensation
value of a position, since a lot of people sorely underestimate how much all
those benefits cost their employers. It might even help the problem with
heatlh care cost inflation if most everyone was aware that, their employee
paid, e.g., $1k+ per month to insure them and their family (even if the
employee is already paying a chunk of that).

They weren't kidding either because, as defined by the, as of 2007,
United Auto Worker contract negotiated with the "Big Five" (GM, Ford,
Chrysler, and top parts makers Delphi and Visteon), an auto
"production worker" is a job description that covers anything from
mowing grass to cleaning the toilets

I wouldn't be surprised if many of the production lines jobs didn't really
require that many more skills than mowing grass does...

But at least they were doing something. The UAW contract also
guaranteed that 12,000 autoworkers got full wage for doing nothing.
The Detroit News reported that "12,000 American autoworkers, instead
of bending sheet metal, spend their days counting the hours in a jobs
bank." These aren't jobs and they certainly aren't being "lost" to
China. "We just go in (to Ford's Michigan Truck Plant) and play
crossword puzzles, watch videos that someone brings in or read the
newspaper," The News quoted one UAW worker as saying. "Otherwise, I've
just sat."

The sad part here is that, if for whatever reason you end up with a job that
literally lets you sit around doing nothing all day, why aren't you actually
doing something to improve your skills at *producing something* (even if it's
not cars -- go and study iPad app programming or whatever!) rather than just
playing games all day?

I knew a few guys in college who had this figured out -- purposely taking the
graveyard shift at 24-hour gas stations or convenience stores, where it was
allowed that when customers weren't around, they could instead do their
homework.

---Joel

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Joel Koltner wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if many of the production lines jobs didn't really
require that many more skills than mowing grass does...

I can vouch for that, and I'm not even union and it's not a union shop!
Once we had an NC machine going and they had me, the tech writer/
company geek/detail draftsman sit there and watch it make parts. My
job was to load the blank, hit "go," and watch the machine work; when
it was done I'd take out the part, load the next blank, and so on.
While the machine was making the part, I also had the job of deburring
the previous part, which took about 30 seconds and could be done by
a capuchin monkey.

But they were paying my "tech writer" wage, which was $15.00/hour; it
was OK, though, because the parts I was watching it make were worth
more than that. :-)

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

On 5/23/2011 10:04 AM, Jim Thompson wrote:
Californica... Bwahahahahahaha!

http://tinyurl.com/3ws8gvx

...Jim Thompson

How many will they ship off to Arizona ??

We do have too many people in prison here, partly due to the Three
Strikes thing promoted by the prison guards union. You can go to
prison for life for a non-violent crime.

And too many people in for minor drug things.

It's ironic that the sixties drug culture chant of "never trust authority"
led to laws that force authorities to follow scripts, because their power to
use personal judgement is diminished. Same thing with kids suspended from
school for possession of Tums.

zero, and remove the last word.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

it could ONLY happen in america.. instead of spending trillions
of dollars on a un needed defence budget , how bout using th
emoney where it counts ? simple build more jails...

australia has got FREE ( note i said free !!) health support .
and decent unemployment ) benefits and australia is no where as
rich as usa.

I can't see the original because no one wrote it.

I just wanted to point out that it makes no sense for people to keep
criticizing our defense budget when, at the same time, they wisely
understand that anything the government pays for is free. (Note I said
free!!)

An aircraft carrier would cost 5 billion if we paid for it out-of-pocket,
but only an insanely right-wing country would do that. Since the government
pays for 100% of the cost of our aircraft carriers, they are completely
FREE.

zero, and remove the last word.