Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default Replacing this transistor - 2SK2715?

Maybe not totally on topic, but I can post a pic here, so I hope
it's ok.

So I'm trying to fix the hot shoe on my Canon XT, and there's a
good chance the problem is the transistor which appears to be
driving the center terminal of the shoe. Of course I don't know if
that's the problem, but it appears to be the only thing I could
fix, so I'm gonna go with it. :-)

As shown in the attached pic, this is a K2715P, which I think is
really a 2SK2715P, a high-voltage N-channel MOSFET. But, it's
soldered to that flexible amber circuit stuff. Is it reasonably
practical to desolder the old part, and re-solder the new one,
without destroying the plastic?

If not, I'm thinking I could perhaps leave the old part in place,
and parallel in the new one - if there's room to do that - and just
solder to the leads of the old part. Carefully.

One more thing. Despite the "P" package designation, in the data
sheet Rohm says it's a "TL" part. Mouser calls it both CPT and
SOT-428. Can anyone make sense of these packages for me. The old
P part is about 6.5mm wide.

Thanks for any help.