Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Default Power Supply Pinouts ??

Can someone verify if this is the correct pinout for...

http://www.analog-innovations.com/SED/PS.jpg

(eta-usa)

"Data sheet" is clear as mud, plus comments that it's "non-isolated"
(in spite of no common continuity from side-to-side), leave me wary of
frying it :-(

Of course "support" is non-responsive :-( So I won't be passing this
on to client as a recommended part.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Jim Thompson wrote:
Can someone verify if this is the correct pinout for...

http://www.analog-innovations.com/SED/PS.jpg

(eta-usa)

"Data sheet" is clear as mud, plus comments that it's "non-isolated"
(in spite of no common continuity from side-to-side), leave me wary of
frying it :-(

Of course "support" is non-responsive :-( So I won't be passing this
on to client as a recommended part.

...Jim Thompson

Well, the + side of the output cap is connected to the
post you labeled as + (and it appears that there is a
+ sign on the board between the cap and the post), so if
it doesn't work the way you labeled it, it's already
fried before you even hook it up.

Ed

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Tue, 12 Apr 2011 16:47:02 -0400, ehsjr
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:
Can someone verify if this is the correct pinout for...

http://www.analog-innovations.com/SED/PS.jpg

(eta-usa)

"Data sheet" is clear as mud, plus comments that it's "non-isolated"
(in spite of no common continuity from side-to-side), leave me wary of
frying it :-(

Of course "support" is non-responsive :-( So I won't be passing this
on to client as a recommended part.

...Jim Thompson

Well, the + side of the output cap is connected to the
post you labeled as + (and it appears that there is a
+ sign on the board between the cap and the post), so if
it doesn't work the way you labeled it, it's already
fried before you even hook it up.

Ed

What has me worried is that the "input" side has no labeling AND the
"data sheet" (*) says non-isolated, yet there's no path from input
common to output common.

(*) Only thing available is a table... model number and I/O "specs"
:-(

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Default Power Supply Pinots ??

"Jim Thompson" wrote
in message ...
Can someone verify if this is the correct pinout for...

http://www.analog-innovations.com/SED/PS.jpg

(eta-usa)

"Data sheet" is clear as mud, plus comments that it's "non-isolated"
(in spite of no common continuity from side-to-side), leave me wary of
frying it :-(

Of course "support" is non-responsive :-( So I won't be passing this
on to client as a recommended part.

...Jim Thompson

I would say you have it right. + is on top side where the transformer
is, on both input and output.
Wear safety goggles ;D

Cheers

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Tue, 12 Apr 2011 19:41:31 -0400, "Martin Riddle"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote
in message ...
Can someone verify if this is the correct pinout for...

http://www.analog-innovations.com/SED/PS.jpg

(eta-usa)

"Data sheet" is clear as mud, plus comments that it's "non-isolated"
(in spite of no common continuity from side-to-side), leave me wary of
frying it :-(

Of course "support" is non-responsive :-( So I won't be passing this
on to client as a recommended part.

...Jim Thompson

I would say you have it right. + is on top side where the transformer
is, on both input and output.
Wear safety goggles ;D

Cheers

Just went ahead and winged it about 30 minutes ago... worked just
fine.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

[...]

Yes, I understand the worry, but I look at it a little differently.
Right now, you have a useless paperweight, until you test it, or
until someone here says "oh yes, I've used one of those ...".
The latter would be ideal, of course, but in the absence of that,
you're stuck at square one unless you test.

On page 16 of the datasheet (for variable values of "datasheet") there
is a diagram of sorts that matches your labeling. I'd go for it - stuff
~12V into it and see what happens. Worst case, you'll need Joerg for
sound effects. :-)

Ed
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

[...]

Page _16_?? I never found anything beyond 4 pages. Link??

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

[...]

http://www.product-search.jp/Image/C...df/Pdf4067.pdf
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

[...]

That'll teach me not to do "English only" ;-) Thanks!

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |