Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default Ladder Lift Hoist

Honey-do season...

Anyone have experience with lift hoists, variously labeled bicycle,
kayak or ladder lift hoists?

I have 4 ladders I'd like to hang from my 10'6" garage ceiling.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Jim Thompson" wrote
in message ...
Honey-do season...

Anyone have experience with lift hoists, variously labeled bicycle,
kayak or ladder lift hoists?

I have 4 ladders I'd like to hang from my 10'6" garage ceiling.

...Jim Thompson
--

A lot of people use 'Bike Lifts', You could use two for larger ladders.
My ceilings are low, so I just press the ladder against the ceiling and

Rope and Pulley's also work fine ;D

Cheers

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Thu, 09 Dec 2010 13:14:17 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

Honey-do season...

Anyone have experience with lift hoists, variously labeled bicycle,
kayak or ladder lift hoists?

I have 4 ladders I'd like to hang from my 10'6" garage ceiling.

...Jim Thompson

I just hung my extension ladder from the unfinished garage ceiling
joists. Near (and above) the overhead door, I made a "U" bracket
hanging from a joist. I put one end of the ladder in that bracket,
then manually lift the other end, and secure it to another joist with
a chain.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

Honey-do season...

Anyone have experience with lift hoists, variously labeled bicycle,
kayak or ladder lift hoists?

I have 4 ladders I'd like to hang from my 10'6" garage ceiling.

...Jim Thompson

Here's a suggestion: http://panofish.net/garage-trailer-lift/

(may be a bit overkill...)