Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default Solar flare.

Apparently the solar flare is aimed straight at us and could hit as early as
tomorrow.

Should I be running around unplugging everything?

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"flipper" wrote in message
On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 20:00:30 +0100, "ian field"
wrote:

Apparently the solar flare is aimed straight at us and could hit as early
as
tomorrow.

Should I be running around unplugging everything?

What class flare is it?

None of the articles I've picked out to read say what class.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"flipper" wrote in message
On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 20:30:57 +0100, "ian field"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

Apparently the solar flare is aimed straight at us and could hit as
early
as
tomorrow.

Should I be running around unplugging everything?

What class flare is it?

None of the articles I've picked out to read say what class.

That's ok because I can't find any articles at all about a solar flare
aimed at earth arriving tomorrow.

The Chinese must be censoring your google access.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"flipper" wrote in message
On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 21:45:13 +0100, "ian field"
wrote:

"flipper" wrote in message
. ..
On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 20:30:57 +0100, "ian field"
wrote:

m...
wrote:

Apparently the solar flare is aimed straight at us and could hit
as
early
as
tomorrow.

Should I be running around unplugging everything?

What class flare is it?

None of the articles I've picked out to read say what class.

That's ok because I can't find any articles at all about a solar
flare
aimed at earth arriving tomorrow.

The Chinese must be censoring your google access.

Not any more than they're censoring your cut and paste keys

http://solarcycle24.com/

Cheers

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"flipper" wrote in message
On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 23:25:16 -0400, "Martin Riddle"
wrote:

"flipper" wrote in message
. ..
On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 21:45:13 +0100, "ian field"
wrote:

m...
wrote:

news:gpcf9690ub0u1lsq4mbbk9buu0bqt5bki5@4ax. com...
wrote:

Apparently the solar flare is aimed straight at us and could hit
as
early
as
tomorrow.

Should I be running around unplugging everything?

What class flare is it?

None of the articles I've picked out to read say what class.

That's ok because I can't find any articles at all about a solar
flare
aimed at earth arriving tomorrow.

The Chinese must be censoring your google access.

Not any more than they're censoring your cut and paste keys

http://solarcycle24.com/

Cheers

That's a lot of cool data but I don't see anything about a 'dangerous'
flare impacting earth tomorrow.

The real scare stories are published by the Torygraph (Telelgraph) - the
paper that supports our equivalent of the US's loonatic fringe ultra right
wing extremist party.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 20:00:30 +0100, ian field wrote:

Apparently the solar flare is aimed straight at us and could hit as early as
tomorrow.

Should I be running around unplugging everything?

The local newspaper said that there would be a planetary conjunction -
Sun, Earth, and Jupiter. I was seriously expecting The Big One; so
for my earthquake prediction skills. ;-)

It can't do any harm to unplug stuff - once, in the middle of a
thunderstorm in Minnesota, I unplugged everything but the TV and
phone answering machine. The apartment building took a direct strike
(according to the manager, it caused about $3K damage). It killed
the answering machine, and gave the TV a very strange malfunction -
I couldn't turn it _off_!

It was about $35.00 to have the tech at the shop diagnose it down
to a shorted transistor, circled it with a marker, and I swapped
it out myself, saving about $75.

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

Apparently the solar flare is aimed straight at us and could hit as early as
tomorrow.

Should I be running around unplugging everything?

Be afraid, be very afraid.

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news.../21sep_zigzag/

--
Boris