Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Default Make my day

Lawmakers in San Fransicko today will vote on a citywide boycott of
the state of Arizona, in protest of its new illegal immigrant law that
has spurred a backlash across the country.

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer on Friday signed into law a measure that would
require immigrants to carry documents verifying their immigration
status. It would also require police officers to question a person
about his or her immigration status if there is "reasonable suspicion"
that person may be illegally in the country.

Activists and politicians in Arizona and elsewhere have vowed to
continue fighting the law. While it is sure to face legal challenges,
Arizona Rep. Raul Grijalva (D) has also called for a boycott of his
state's goods, services and tourism. In his call for the boycott,
Grijalva cited an Arizona boycott in the 1990's that persuaded the
state to recognize Martin Luther King Day.

Following that logic, the San Fransicko Board of Supervisors today
will consider a resolution that would call for the city to end any and
all contracts with Arizona-based companies and to stop doing business
with the state, the San Fransicko Chronicle reports.

"We want to send a message," Supervisor David Campos reportedly said
to a rally gathered in front of San Fransicko City Hall. "There are
consequences when you target a whole people."

Campos said it's still unclear how exactly a boycott would impact San
Fransicko, the Chronicle reports, but he added, "We do know that we
won't be sending any city employees to conferences in Arizona."

San Fransicko City Attorney Dennis Herrera seconded the call for a
boycott, pledging that his office will help identify contracts with
Arizona companies and break them when possible.

Arizona Gov. Brewer said Monday at a town hall that she doesn't
believe the law is "going to have the kind of economic impact that
some people think it might," the Associated Press reports.

There has already been some impact, however. As of Sunday, about 70
drivers from California and Arizona had already agreed to stop moving
loads into or out of Arizona in protest of the new law, according to
the economically challenged Arizona Republic.

Additionally, La Opinion, the nation's biggest Spanish-language
newspaper, has endorsed the boycott, Politico reports.

New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg also weighed in on the issue
last week with a statement saying the new law "could have a chilling
effect on international business travel, investment, and tourism in
that state, as many people from around the world may think twice
before visiting Arizona and subjecting themselves to potential run-ins
with the police."

"We're happy to have those businesses and tourists come here,"
Bloomberg said. "But as a country, America will be badly hurt if more
states follow Arizona's lead."

=====

Make my day :-)
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote in message news
[...]

I agree with making them carry their credentials, just as I am required to
carry ID in the form of a driver's license or equivalent State photo ID, but,
to allow the police to stop and question anyone just because they may be an
immigrant is preposturous. That is Gov't legalizing profiling, plain and simple.

Bill

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 12:51:51 -0400, "Bill Garber"
wrote:

wrote in message news
[...]

Bill, I don't believe you to be a leftist, but you're reciting
baseless leftist ranting.

"Stops" will be made based on standard traffic rules, NOT on skin
color. If you lived in AZ you'd realize how impossible that would
be... on my own city block my skin color is in the minority.

In AZ, everyone, during a traffic stop, must show driver's license and
insurance ID. Officers are outfitted with scanners that can ID
forgeries. If you lack ID, or have a forgery, you WILL be held for
citizenship (or green card) verification. Do you have a problem with
that?

Leftists denigrate a "wall", yet damned few ever crossed the Berlin
Wall :-)

I like machine guns myself :-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

wrote in message news
[...]

Horse****!

Cops (Stigmatized Nazi Pigs) already profile whites, blacks, hispanics
and any other citizen so they can illegally shake us down hoping to find
drugs. Long hairs, etc., etc., etc., and pray that you haven't lost your
teeth, or they'll claim that you are a meth head, and jump up in your
face asking you "when the last time you used" was. So, they ALREADY
profile us, you stupid ****tard.

The 1980s Supreme court decision that allowed them to search any car
that they pull over because some cops got shot during a traffic stop is
what we should go after, because THAT law is the one that ALL PIGS use to
circumnavigate the constitution.

Then, there are the goddamned dogs.

Even without a search, I am required to show valid date or other
nationally accepted and recognized ID form at ANY ****tard pig's request
upon being 'accosted' on the street, regardless of whether they search me
or not.

If they can at any time ask me for ID, they can at any time ask ANY
******* for ID, and it is NOT a ****ing skin color issue, you retarded
putz.

More power to the state of Arizona.

Dumb****s like you should be down at the border, repairing the ****ing
fence or building new fence. Better yet, you can build the next max
security prison.

Grow the **** up, pussy.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 10:12:10 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

I like machine guns myself :-)

...Jim Thompson

We need TWO fences. One 200 yards inland from the other. Signs on the
south side of fence #1, AT the border states that crossing is ILLEGAL and
violators will NOT succeed. Signs in the 200 yard area state that lethal
force is permitted, and WILL be used if further illicit entry is pursued,
and signs ON the inland fence state that lethal force WILL absolutely be
implemented if the fence is even attempted to be crossed.

Servo controlled turret mounts with cheap .22 cal gatling guns set
about every 250 yards can spray the *******s with lead pepper. One time
through and getting DEATH - WILL STOP - any and all women and children
crossing, and the rest of the illicit asswipes are ABSOLUTELY open
season!

THAT is how our southern border should be!

Or, like the laser security system from "The Andromeda Strain".

Why? Because if we overran Mexico the way they are doing us, it would
already be a US annexed region. We cannot afford to let them think that
is what they are doing to us, even if they never could.

Put me in office, and THAT is what our ATF and DEA and other useless
*******s would be doing (at reduced pay rates too), and EVERY ****ing
major prisoner in the federal system would be there doing the labor.

THAT is what we need.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Jim Thompson wrote:

Bill, I don't believe you to be a leftist, but you're reciting
baseless leftist ranting.

"Stops" will be made based on standard traffic rules, NOT on skin
color. If you lived in AZ you'd realize how impossible that would
be... on my own city block my skin color is in the minority.

In AZ, everyone, during a traffic stop, must show driver's license and
insurance ID. Officers are outfitted with scanners that can ID
forgeries. If you lack ID, or have a forgery, you WILL be held for
citizenship (or green card) verification. Do you have a problem with
that?

Leftists denigrate a "wall", yet damned few ever crossed the Berlin
Wall :-)

I like machine guns myself :-)

Round them up, and bus them to San Francisco. Give them each a
saturday night special and a box of bullets that were seized from other
criminals, then tell them that if they return to Arizona they will be
turned into cat food.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

http://www.flickr.com/photos/materrell/
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 18:33:45 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

Bill, I don't believe you to be a leftist, but you're reciting
baseless leftist ranting.

"Stops" will be made based on standard traffic rules, NOT on skin
color. If you lived in AZ you'd realize how impossible that would
be... on my own city block my skin color is in the minority.

In AZ, everyone, during a traffic stop, must show driver's license and
insurance ID. Officers are outfitted with scanners that can ID
forgeries. If you lack ID, or have a forgery, you WILL be held for
citizenship (or green card) verification. Do you have a problem with
that?

Leftists denigrate a "wall", yet damned few ever crossed the Berlin
Wall :-)

I like machine guns myself :-)

Round them up, and bus them to San Francisco.

The San Fransicko council talks big, but they'd **** a brick if we
bussed our illegals to San Fransicko. But I'll suggest it to
Arpaio... he might do it just for fun :-)

Al Sharpton claims he'll come to town when the bill officially becomes
law. I can hardly wait. Wonder which rancher will shoot him in the
ass ?:-)

Give them each a
saturday night special and a box of bullets that were seized from other
criminals, then tell them that if they return to Arizona they will be
turned into cat food.

Cotton field fertilizer :-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

[...]

If they are going to bouct reverything to do with Arizona, they
better learn to do without a lot of electronics. Also, don't they
import some electricty from Arizona?

Al Sharpton claims he'll come to town when the bill officially becomes
law. I can hardly wait. Wonder which rancher will shoot him in the
ass ?:-)

Deport him to Africa without his passport and see how long it takes
him to get back.

Give them each a
saturday night special and a box of bullets that were seized from other
criminals, then tell them that if they return to Arizona they will be
turned into cat food.

Cotton field fertilizer :-)

Solent Green for politicians!

Sigfile is missing!
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote in message
news
Lawmakers in San Fransicko today will vote on a citywide boycott of
the state of Arizona, in protest of its new illegal immigrant law that
has spurred a backlash across the country.

snip =====

I rather liked Rush Limbaugh's statement that we should take Mexico's very
strict immigration law, slap new covers on it and introduce it as a senate
or house bill for US immigration.

You may read the text here
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/hypoc...mmigration-law

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

flipper wrote:

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

[...]

For all the 'popularity' of screaming 'unconstitutional', a 'boycott'
of a State, if they officially imposed one, actually is a violation of
the commerce clause. 'Urging' and 'encouraging' one is, at the least,
a violation in spirit.

And speaking of hurling 'unconstitutional' around, can anyone explain
what theory is used to claim the Arizona law is 'unconstitutional'? I
see no 'conflict' with the constitutional provision "To establish an
uniform Rule for Naturalization" as Arizona is not trying to
'commandeer' the border guard nor are they attempting to reverse or
'modify' immigration law or the immigration status of any person. What
'conflict'?

Simple. UNCONSTUTIONAL! means the other party passed the law.

Al Sharpton claims he'll come to town when the bill officially becomes
law. I can hardly wait. Wonder which rancher will shoot him in the
ass ?:-)

Deport him to Africa without his passport and see how long it takes
him to get back.

Give them each a
saturday night special and a box of bullets that were seized from other
criminals, then tell them that if they return to Arizona they will be
turned into cat food.

Cotton field fertilizer :-)

Solent Green for politicians!

Sigfile is missing!

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Bill Garber wrote:
wrote in message news
[...]

What I find interesting is that this proposal which I would guess reflects blue collar sentiment should find support from the
usual republican suspects here.

I guess it says something about their backgrounds.

I'm especially surprised by JT's apparent support since surely the influx of immigrants drives down labour costs - and that has
to be a good thing :-)
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 12:30:11 +0100, richard
wrote:

Only if you are a farmer.