Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default A Better Quality AM FM Receiver - masonry drill.pdf

JF

Attached Files
File Type: pdf masonry drill.pdf (36.8 KB, 50 views)
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 07:19:42 -0500, John Fields
wrote:

My brother was using a 1/4" 8" bit, and he had his left hand on the 2x4
or whatever he was drilling. The bit snapped, and the gnarly, broken,
fluted shank went right through his left hand.

I am glad that my worst injury was stepping on a nail as a kid as far
as punctures go.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

My brother was using a 1/4" 8" bit, and he had his left hand on the 2x4
or whatever he was drilling. The bit snapped, and the gnarly, broken,
fluted shank went right through his left hand.

---
OWOWOWOWOW!!!
---

I am glad that my worst injury was stepping on a nail as a kid as far
as punctures go.

---
One of the ones that stands out in my mind was back when they had keys
to peel off a strip of metal sealing cans of food.

I was opening a can of deviled ham or something like that, when the key
snapped off taking part of the strip with it and leaving the can still
basically closed.

There was only a little way to go to get it open, so I figured I'd just
pry the top off with my fingers...

It almost worked, but just when I had it open enough to think the rest
was going to be easy, my fingers slipped and I sliced open the base of
my thumb on the razor-sharp edge of the top of the can; not a pretty
sight.

Then there was the time I tried to use a bandsaw to cut the plastic case
away from a Timex watch by holding it axially and rotating its
circumference against the blade...

Turned out to be a bad idea.

JF
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

[...]

I thought only I did dumb stunts like that. In my old age I've
learned the benefits of a big-ass vise to hold things :-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

[...]

My last big dumb stunt was holding the hacksaw between my knees
and sliding the prototype PCB over the edge of the blade to get
a cut started. I'm sure I don't need to describe any further. 8^)

Bill

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

[...]

Then, some dude (Albert J. Dremel) invented the Dremel tool.

It has been around since 1945. I seem to remember it making a
come-back in the seventies, where in the sixties it was only a hobby
craft tool seemingly. They sure have come a long way since then. Same
little AC motor technology though. What a thing to base an entire
business on. Miniature die grinder tool.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

[...]

I do not think my ass will ever get big enough that I would refer to it
as a vise, nor would I use it to hold anything.

Strolled in the door with a 'kick me' T-shirt on. :-)
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 21:01:29 -0400, "Bill Garber"
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

My scariest: About 1' length of 1"x2" drilling in the middle while
holding one end with hand, other end braced against my knee.

It spun around, drill bit grabbed into my trousers and rolled up quite
a bit of fabric before I could let off on the drill trigger... rather
tight grip on the family jewels :-(

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Pieyed Piper" g wrote in
message ...
It has been around since 1945. I seem to remember it making a
come-back in the seventies, where in the sixties it was only a hobby
craft tool seemingly. They sure have come a long way since then.

I think there was a real surge in the '80s... and by the '90s they had shipped
production from Racine, Wisconsin down to Mexico and then over to China to
begin to compete with Black & Decker and others who -- seeing the
popularity -- were making their own knock-offs.

Same
little AC motor technology though. What a thing to base an entire
business on. Miniature die grinder tool.

Indeed. They occasionally branch out a bit, but often it hasn't been
successful (e.g., for awhile they were making scroll saws).

Their clone of the Fein Multimaster ("Multi-Max") gets pretty decent
reviews...

---Joel

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 21:01:29 -0400, "Bill Garber"
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

A near brush with a variation of Bobbitization....

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 18:50:54 -0700, "Joel Koltner"
wrote:

"Pieyed Piper" g wrote in
message ...
[...]

They had to beat that Godzilla down a bit. It was grabbing too much
Dremel tool market share, and it wasn't even the same product.

They probably did a real good job of it.

I want to make a better Bike (bicycle) hub motor.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Pieyed Piper" g
wrote in message ...
On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 21:01:29 -0400, "Bill Garber"
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Pretty much, yes..................

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Jim Thompson"
wrote in message ...
On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 21:01:29 -0400, "Bill Garber"
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I had a friend, some friend, run a drill into my belly,
twisting my shirt up to my neck, and laughing about it.

He thought I was taking the incident all too seriously.

What a dick. I still think he is a dick.

Bill