Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Default IBIS2SPICE Utility?

Anyone here used IntuSoft's IBIS2SPICE utility?

Pointers?

Problems?

Work-arounds?

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 13:49:57 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

Anyone here used IntuSoft's IBIS2SPICE utility?

Pointers?

Problems?

Work-arounds?

...Jim Thompson

Hi Jim,
As in many modeling things, Brian was the expert on this, esp. when
importing into PSpice. It only works for earlier versions of IBIS, so
it fails rapidly wihen confronted with more modern parts.

Charlie
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Anyone here used IntuSoft's IBIS2SPICE utility?

Pointers?

Problems?

Work-arounds?

...Jim Thompson

Hi Jim,
As in many modeling things, Brian was the expert on this, esp. when
importing into PSpice. It only works for earlier versions of IBIS, so
it fails rapidly wihen confronted with more modern parts.

Charlie

Yep. Probably as useful as EDIF :-(

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Anyone here used IntuSoft's IBIS2SPICE utility?

Pointers?

Problems?

Work-arounds?

...Jim Thompson

Hi Jim,
As in many modeling things, Brian was the expert on this, esp. when
importing into PSpice. It only works for earlier versions of IBIS, so
it fails rapidly wihen confronted with more modern parts.

Charlie

And it generates B-type behavioral form :-(

Where might I find a cross-reference?

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Anyone here used IntuSoft's IBIS2SPICE utility?

Pointers?

Problems?

Work-arounds?

...Jim Thompson

Hi Jim,
As in many modeling things, Brian was the expert on this, esp. when
importing into PSpice. It only works for earlier versions of IBIS, so
it fails rapidly wihen confronted with more modern parts.

Charlie

Charlie,

Isn't IBIS really just a behavioral language?

If so it should be amenable to simple translation. PSpice behavioral
capability is outstanding!

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Anyone here used IntuSoft's IBIS2SPICE utility?

Pointers?

Problems?

Work-arounds?

...Jim Thompson

Hi Jim,
As in many modeling things, Brian was the expert on this, esp. when
importing into PSpice. It only works for earlier versions of IBIS, so
it fails rapidly wihen confronted with more modern parts.

Charlie

Charlie,

Isn't IBIS really just a behavioral language?

If so it should be amenable to simple translation. PSpice behavioral
capability is outstanding!

...Jim Thompson

Hi Jim,
Actually, it should be. I know that, back in the PSpiceHDL days, they
were going to just have PSpice accept IBIS directly. It wasn't that
different from the digital IO models they already have. However, they
then laid off the entire PSpice development team... :-(

Charlie
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

[...]

Of course !-)

I think I'll write a converter. I'm (slowly) learning PowerBasic,
after YEARS away from Pascal ;-)

And I'm finally starting to get hits on model making.

Of course, ALL work from overseas... the US is DEAD :-(

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Utility Contractor H2 Find Home Repair 0 December 15th 09 10:54 AM
first:utility (probably OT) Gordon Henderson UK diy 14 March 14th 09 10:08 AM
The utility of the overall uniforms is also very important. Overalluniforms increase in utility by the addition of pockets. Check out how manypockets will be suitable for your workers' uniforms. The trouser will have twoside pockets and one back pock [email protected] UK diy 0 April 19th 08 11:24 AM
The utility of the overall uniforms is also very important. Overalluniforms increase in utility by the addition of pockets. Check out how manypockets will be suitable for your workers' uniforms. The trouser will have twoside pockets and one back pock [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 April 19th 08 11:18 AM
Utility room legin UK diy 2 May 23rd 07 06:19 PM