Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Utility room

I am in the process of creating a utility room from a redundant
downstairs bathroom and was looking to site the boiler in the utility
as well. The problem is that it will not leave enough room for a
window. I can glaze the door to let in light and I can have a small
opening fan light above the door. Is this allowed. I cannot remember
seeing a utility room without a window before. I can also achieve the
requirement for an extract fan and achieve the recommended clearances
for the flue.

Regards
Legin

Posted to uk.d-i-y

legin wrote:
I am in the process of creating a utility room from a redundant
downstairs bathroom and was looking to site the boiler in the utility
as well. The problem is that it will not leave enough room for a
window. I can glaze the door to let in light and I can have a small
opening fan light above the door. Is this allowed. I cannot remember
seeing a utility room without a window before. I can also achieve the
requirement for an extract fan and achieve the recommended clearances
for the flue.

Can't see any reason why not, if you can fit the fan (you also need to
be able to let air be 'sucked' into the room from the interior of the
house for that to work OK (eg, large gap under the door or a ventilation
grille).

Of course you need to be sure that whatever boiler you have will be
happy with the level of ventilation - shouldn't be an issue if you're
installing a new one, but check.

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

legin wrote:
I am in the process of creating a utility room from a redundant
downstairs bathroom and was looking to site the boiler in the utility
as well. The problem is that it will not leave enough room for a
window. I can glaze the door to let in light and I can have a small
opening fan light above the door. Is this allowed. I cannot remember
seeing a utility room without a window before. I can also achieve the
requirement for an extract fan and achieve the recommended clearances
for the flue.

Our utility room has no window, but a back door. There's no need for
ventilation if the boiler is room sealed (when was the last time any
other sort was fitted - domestically - anyway?).

--
Spamtrap in use
To email replace 127.0.0.1 with btinternet dot com