Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
Jim Thompson Jim Thompson is offline

Default IBIS2SPICE Utility?

On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 17:45:49 -0800, Charlie E.
wrote:

On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 10:34:01 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 13:04:21 -0800, Charlie E.
wrote:

On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 13:49:57 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

Anyone here used IntuSoft's IBIS2SPICE utility?

Pointers?

Problems?

Work-arounds?

...Jim Thompson
Hi Jim,
As in many modeling things, Brian was the expert on this, esp. when
importing into PSpice. It only works for earlier versions of IBIS, so
it fails rapidly wihen confronted with more modern parts.

Charlie

Charlie,

Isn't IBIS really just a behavioral language?

If so it should be amenable to simple translation. PSpice behavioral
capability is outstanding!

...Jim Thompson

Hi Jim,
Actually, it should be. I know that, back in the PSpiceHDL days, they
were going to just have PSpice accept IBIS directly. It wasn't that
different from the digital IO models they already have. However, they
then laid off the entire PSpice development team... :-(

Charlie

Of course !-)

I think I'll write a converter. I'm (slowly) learning PowerBasic,
after YEARS away from Pascal ;-)

And I'm finally starting to get hits on model making.

Of course, ALL work from overseas... the US is DEAD :-(

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |