Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Default Doesn't anyone make....

Doesn't anyone make cable clips that can be screwed down?

I need to route cabling under a cabinet made of particle board. The
stick-on clips hold only a few days, then let go :-(

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Jim Thompson wrote:

Doesn't anyone make cable clips that can be screwed down?

I need to route cabling under a cabinet made of particle board. The
stick-on clips hold only a few days, then let go :-(

...Jim Thompson

Stuff a screw through the base of the clip ! Most of the ones I've used
have a hole there already.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Sun, 06 Dec 2009 15:05:45 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote:

Doesn't anyone make cable clips that can be screwed down?

I need to route cabling under a cabinet made of particle board. The
stick-on clips hold only a few days, then let go :-(

...Jim Thompson

There's screw-down cable ties that work very well -- one of my clients
uses them in a system that has to fly on helicopters, and that goes
beyond a high vibration environment*. Find a big enough supplier of
cable ties (i.e. Fry's) and you'll find some screw-down ones.

* There's a popular misconception that helicopters fly by aerodynamic
forces on the rotor blades, leading to their moniker as 'rotary wing
vehicle'. This is not correct. Helicopters fly by vibrating so hard
that portions of their airframes reach relativistic velocities, thereby
creating an anti-gravity effect that causes them to be repelled from the
surface of the earth. The blades are there to generate this vibration,
and to help control the resulting motion. Anyone who has to make
mechanical systems that hold together on a helicopter knows this to be
true...

--
www.wescottdesign.com
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Sun, 06 Dec 2009 16:17:26 -0600, Tim Wescott
wrote:

[...]

Sno-o-o-ort!

Some years ago I designed a high-voltage logic and control system for
MicroRel for a helicopter gunnery application... can't remember the
helicopter type name now, but it was McDonnell Douglas... 30V logic
for good noise immunity ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

In wine there is wisdom,
In beer there is freedom,
In water there is bacteria
- Benjamin Franklin
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Jim Thompson wrote:

Doesn't anyone make cable clips that can be screwed down?

I need to route cabling under a cabinet made of particle board. The
stick-on clips hold only a few days, then let go :-(

You can buy them for RG/6 at Harbor Freight, Home Depot or Lowes
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=94448

400 Piece 3/8" Cable Clips
400 Piece 3/8" Cable Clips

* Keep loose cords or wires in place
* Each clip comes with a nail to tack along baseboard
* Handy storage container

Clip dimensions: 0.6" L x 1/4" W x 1/2" H

ITEM 94448-2VGA

$7.99

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?keyword=cable%2Bclamp&langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1xgs/R-100210402/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

You could probably find them at K-mart, Wal-mart or target in their
electronics department.

--
Off world checks no longer accepted!

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

/Snicker wrote:

Doesn't anyone make cable clips that can be screwed down?

---
Yeah, they do.
---

I need to route cabling under a cabinet made of particle board. The
stick-on clips hold only a few days, then let go :-(

---
I've got a bunch of nice nylon ones with different inside diameters, so
if you only need some for a one-off I can probably help you out, for
free.

What's the diameter of the cabling and how many do you need?

JF
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

[...]

Hmmm - I once caught a lift from an air base in Korea to some army post
(going up to skydive), and it was quite smooth. Colder than a witch's tit
however; the pilot had taken the doors off. =:-O

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

John Fields wrote in
:

On Sun, 06 Dec 2009 15:05:45 -0700, Jim Thompson
/Snicker
wrote:

Doesn't anyone make cable clips that can be screwed down?

---
Yeah, they do.
---

I need to route cabling under a cabinet made of particle
board. The stick-on clips hold only a few days, then let
go :-(

---
I've got a bunch of nice nylon ones with different inside
diameters, so if you only need some for a one-off I can
probably help you out, for free.

What's the diameter of the cabling and how many do you
need?

JF

"P-clips": http://br / http://www.jameco.com/...oductId=173737

Ken
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

"Jim Thompson" /Snicker
wrote in message ...
Doesn't anyone make cable clips that can be screwed down?

I need to route cabling under a cabinet made of particle board. The
stick-on clips hold only a few days, then let go :-(

...Jim Thompson

Yes,
Some where in here, amongst the stick on variety.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#cable-ties/=4ti6mn

Cheers

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

"Martin Riddle" wrote in message

"Jim Thompson"
/Snicker wrote in
message ...
Doesn't anyone make cable clips that can be screwed down?

I need to route cabling under a cabinet made of particle board. The
stick-on clips hold only a few days, then let go :-(

...Jim Thompson

Yes,
Some where in here, amongst the stick on variety.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#cable-ties/=4ti6mn

Cheers

Heres, another link

Cable Tie:
http://www.mcmaster.com/#mountable-cable-ties/=4ti7n8

Cable Hold down (plastic):
http://www.mcmaster.com/#plastic-cable-clamps/=4ti8fw

Cheers

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Sun, 06 Dec 2009 15:05:45 -0700, the renowned Jim Thompson
/Snicker wrote:

Doesn't anyone make cable clips that can be screwed down?

I need to route cabling under a cabinet made of particle board. The
stick-on clips hold only a few days, then let go :-(

...Jim Thompson

http://www.mcmaster.com/#mountable-cable-ties/=4tjl4y

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Jim Thompson wrote:
Doesn't anyone make cable clips that can be screwed down?

I need to route cabling under a cabinet made of particle board. The
stick-on clips hold only a few days, then let go :-(

...Jim Thompson

Nailing will not do?
If OK, RS may still carry them.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

/Snicker wrote:

Doesn't anyone make cable clips that can be screwed down?

I need to route cabling under a cabinet made of particle board. The
stick-on clips hold only a few days, then let go :-(

...Jim Thompson

Hi Jim,
I finally resorted to a staple gun! Put down sticky clip, staple it
to surface, attach tiewraps...

Charlie
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Tim Wescott wrote:

* There's a popular misconception that helicopters fly by aerodynamic
forces on the rotor blades, leading to their moniker as 'rotary wing
vehicle'. This is not correct. Helicopters fly by vibrating so hard
that portions of their airframes reach relativistic velocities, thereby
creating an anti-gravity effect that causes them to be repelled from the
surface of the earth. The blades are there to generate this vibration,
and to help control the resulting motion. Anyone who has to make
mechanical systems that hold together on a helicopter knows this to be
true...

I had to make electronics which lived in the engine compartment of a
modest construction tractor. The vibration there can easily exceed 10g.
Throughole components fail almost instantly: pins are breaking due to
metal fatigue. Yet you don't have aviation-like budgets to make it work.
But the worst case that I've seen was a piece of elecronics which worked
inside the drill head that grinds through rocks...

VLV
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

/Snicker wrote:

Doesn't anyone make cable clips that can be screwed down?

I need to route cabling under a cabinet made of particle board. The
stick-on clips hold only a few days, then let go :-(

...Jim Thompson

Hi Jim,
I finally resorted to a staple gun! Put down sticky clip, staple it
to surface, attach tiewraps...

Charlie

Good idea! I have a power stapler that sees very occasional use for
reupholstering... you know how it is, every few years the color scheme
in the master bedroom has to change ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |