Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default Accessing News While Traveling

Accessing News While Traveling...

Does Agent install anything in the Registry?

Agent does not keep any of its own settings in the Registry. The
installer
places un/install info, and if Agent is configured to be the default
client
for anything, that is set in the Registry, because that is a system
setting.

The question has come up as to whether you could carry Agent with you
on a zip-drive and just plug into another's PC when wanting to access
a news server.
Possible?

Absolutely. If you're using a large enough portable drive device. I'd
recommend either a USB thumb drive or portable hard drive, rather than
ZIP drive.

You can learn how to configure a different database location in the
Help
file. Help \ Index \ Directories and file types.

--
Jeffrey Kaplan Agent Support Team www.forteinc.com

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

I love to cook with wine Sometimes I even put it in the food
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Jim Thompson wrote:
[...]

Yep. Also, all that stuff is configured in the agent.ini file, the
format of which is very well documented in the help file. It's very easy
to configure Agent to be portable.
The one thing that could be an issue is that when it's configured for
offline use, the data files for busy newsgroups can get very big, so you
need to keep a close eye on how much space is left on the device.