Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default NiCad Charger

Here's how the pros do it...

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/Ni..._HighClass.jpg

(;-))

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

I love to cook with wine Sometimes I even put it in the food
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
Here's how the pros do it...
http://analog-innovations.com/SED/Ni..._HighClass.jpg

Wow, Radio Shack power supply AND multimeter. :-)

Looks nice.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 17:34:21 -0700, "Joel Koltner"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
Here's how the pros do it...
http://analog-innovations.com/SED/Ni..._HighClass.jpg

Wow, Radio Shack power supply AND multimeter. :-)

Looks nice.

Yep. Had them literally _forever_ ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

I love to cook with wine Sometimes I even put it in the food

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote
in
message ...
Here's how the pros do it...
http://analog-innovations.com/SED/Ni..._HighClass.jpg

Wow, Radio Shack power supply AND multimeter. :-)

Looks nice.

Yep. Had them literally _forever_ ;-)

I'd figure it would have been Lafayette stuff, Did Radioshack exsit back
then?

Cheers

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 22:18:48 -0400, "Martin Riddle"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote
in
message ...
Here's how the pros do it...
http://analog-innovations.com/SED/Ni..._HighClass.jpg

Wow, Radio Shack power supply AND multimeter. :-)

Looks nice.

Yep. Had them literally _forever_ ;-)

I'd figure it would have been Lafayette stuff, Did Radioshack exsit back
then?

Cheers

I used to shop Lafayette in Boston when I was a student, 1958-1962.

Radio Shack, at that time, was a warehouse on Commonwealth Avenue.
Hand them a parts list. A few minutes later it would come down a
conveyor belt, filled correctly. Those were the days ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

I love to cook with wine Sometimes I even put it in the food
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 22:18:48 -0400, "Martin Riddle"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
wrote:

[...]

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 22:18:48 -0400, "Martin Riddle"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote
in
message ...
Here's how the pros do it...
http://analog-innovations.com/SED/Ni..._HighClass.jpg

Wow, Radio Shack power supply AND multimeter. :-)

Looks nice.

Yep. Had them literally _forever_ ;-)

I'd figure it would have been Lafayette stuff, Did Radioshack exsit back
then?

Cheers

I used to shop Lafayette in Boston when I was a student, 1958-1962.

Radio Shack, at that time, was a warehouse on Commonwealth Avenue.
Hand them a parts list. A few minutes later it would come down a
conveyor belt, filled correctly. Those were the days ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Lafayette Electronics is where I got most of my 'stuff' back in the 60's.
The usual afternoon was to browse the store - especially the clearance table
and buy what I could afford. Otherwise, to go outside behind the store and
dumpster dive for untold treasures... I later got an after-school job at a
mom and pop electronics store, Forbees Electronics, across the street from
the Scarsdale, NY Lafayette store.
Oppie

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 22:18:48 -0400, "Martin Riddle"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
wrote:

[...]

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
Radio Shack, at that time, was a warehouse on Commonwealth Avenue.
Hand them a parts list. A few minutes later it would come down a
conveyor belt, filled correctly. Those were the days ;-)

I can't begin to imagine that happening today. :-(

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Tue, 24 Mar 2009 10:20:49 -0700, "Joel Koltner"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
Radio Shack, at that time, was a warehouse on Commonwealth Avenue.
Hand them a parts list. A few minutes later it would come down a
conveyor belt, filled correctly. Those were the days ;-)

I can't begin to imagine that happening today. :-(

Isn't that hard to imagine, actually order parts by part number or
name, and get what you want.

Now, at Radio Shack, the clerks aren't even knowledgeable enough to
properly peddle cell phones :-(

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

I love to cook with wine Sometimes I even put it in the food
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Tue, 24 Mar 2009 10:20:49 -0700, "Joel Koltner"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
Radio Shack, at that time, was a warehouse on Commonwealth Avenue.
Hand them a parts list. A few minutes later it would come down a
conveyor belt, filled correctly. Those were the days ;-)

I can't begin to imagine that happening today. :-(

Isn't that hard to imagine, actually order parts by part number or
name, and get what you want.

Now, at Radio Shack, the clerks aren't even knowledgeable enough to
properly peddle cell phones :-(

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

I love to cook with wine Sometimes I even put it in the food

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
Isn't that hard to imagine, actually order parts by part number or
name, and get what you want.

Now, at Radio Shack, the clerks aren't even knowledgeable enough to
properly peddle cell phones :-(

Yeah, that's what I meant -- Radio Shack is poor today.

DigiKey works just fine for "order by part number, correctly filled order
coming rolling in on the UPS truck."

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Jim Thompson wrote:
Here's how the pros do it...

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/Ni..._HighClass.jpg

(;-))

Nice.

I use a neodymium boron iron magnet to attach a connector to a battery or to connect two batteries in series.
Not as stable as a vice though :-)

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 08:49:25 -0700, Fred Abse
wrote:

On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 17:27:00 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote:

Here's how the pros do it...

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/Ni..._HighClass.jpg

(;-))

Where d'ya get the plastic-jaw vise?

I've got toolmaker's vises and machine vises, but they're metal. An
insulating vise would be handy to have.

Try a Panavise for the lab bench. The regular heads have replaceable
nylon faces, although metal jaws are available. There are also heads for
edge-clamping PCBs and assorted other styles. One of these guys, and add
the wide tray base.

http://www.panavise.com/index.html?pageID=1&page=full&--eqskudatarq=2

Kinda like an Optivisor, should be a standard part of the kit. ;-)

--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 17:27:00 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote:

Here's how the pros do it...

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/Ni..._HighClass.jpg

(;-))

Where d'ya get the plastic-jaw vise?

I think it was at Lowe's

I also have plastic one-hand-squeeze clamps, three different sizes ;-)

I've got toolmaker's vises and machine vises, but they're metal. An
insulating vise would be handy to have.

Try a Panavise for the lab bench. The regular heads have replaceable
nylon faces, although metal jaws are available. There are also heads for
edge-clamping PCBs and assorted other styles. One of these guys, and add
the wide tray base.

http://www.panavise.com/index.html?pageID=1&page=full&--eqskudatarq=2

Kinda like an Optivisor, should be a standard part of the kit. ;-)

Yup. I have it with the "tray base mount".

I also own an Optivisor, probably had it for 30 years, or more ;-)

My problem is no established lab space. This past week my wife is
painting wood "eggs" for Easter. I had to bring the drill press in
from the garage and set up in the kitchen, drilling a support hole in
the bottoms, holding them on a nail bed while she paints; and a tiny
hole on top for an eye screw.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

I love to cook with wine Sometimes I even put it in the food
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 17:27:00 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote:

Here's how the pros do it...

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/Ni..._HighClass.jpg

(;-))

Where d'ya get the plastic-jaw vise?

I've got toolmaker's vises and machine vises, but they're metal. An
insulating vise would be handy to have.

Try a Panavise for the lab bench. The regular heads have replaceable
nylon faces, although metal jaws are available. There are also heads for
edge-clamping PCBs and assorted other styles. One of these guys, and add
the wide tray base.

http://www.panavise.com/index.html?pageID=1&page=full&--eqskudatarq=2

Kinda like an Optivisor, should be a standard part of the kit. ;-)

Panavise cheap at Fry's.

http://shop3.frys.com/search?search_...11&submit.y=10
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Now, at Radio Shack, the clerks aren't even knowledgeable enough to
properly peddle cell phones :-(

Yeah, that's what I meant -- Radio Shack is poor today.

DigiKey works just fine for "order by part number, correctly filled order
coming rolling in on the UPS truck."

....as does Mouser ... Jerry Mouser got his start peddling imported
("jappocrappo") parts to the aerospace geeks in San Diego out of the back of
his station wagon in the company's parking lot at quitting time.

Jim

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Oppie wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 22:18:48 -0400, "Martin Riddle"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
wrote:

[...]

Wow, a flash from the past - Forbee's on Central Ave. (wasn't it?) And
of course on my way back home to White Plains, had to stop a mile or two
north of Forbee's / Lafayette at that Hamburger place on the east side
of Central Ave, same side as Forbees. And Lafayette in Boston - visited
many times in the late 60's - early 70's, wasn't it near where
Commonwealth took a sharp turn at Brighton Ave? How about Olson
Electronics, if I recall it was in Cambridge. No, maybe it was Tremont
or Boylston, near the "Fatted Calf"?

Rob

NiCad Battery Charger repair [email protected] Electronics Repair 13 May 9th 07 05:25 AM
nicad charger CCT diagram Harry Wheeldon Electronics Repair 1 April 1st 06 03:16 PM
Two Nicad Battery Pack/Charger Tranformer Questions ed Electronics Repair 9 June 13th 05 03:33 AM
NiCad JD Electronics 0 October 18th 03 03:03 AM
NiCad Charging John M Walker Electronics 1 September 29th 03 04:43 PM