Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

Default R.I.P.

James Ralph Thompson

Born October 12, 1918, in Riverton, WV

Died November 7, 2008, in Huntington, WV

Age 90 years and one month!

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

On a sunny day (Fri, 07 Nov 2008 09:09:34 -0700) it happened Jim Thompson
wrote in
:

James Ralph Thompson

Born October 12, 1918, in Riverton, WV

Died November 7, 2008, in Huntington, WV

Age 90 years and one month!

We are all gona go one day.
Your efficiency in percent is 100 x (days_happy / days_lived).
Seems fair to me.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 09:09:34 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

James Ralph Thompson

Born October 12, 1918, in Riverton, WV

Died November 7, 2008, in Huntington, WV

Age 90 years and one month!

...Jim Thompson

Our condolences.

He sure had a good run!
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

James Ralph Thompson

Born October 12, 1918, in Riverton, WV

Died November 7, 2008, in Huntington, WV

Age 90 years and one month!

...Jim Thompson

Our condolences.

Thanks!

He sure had a good run!
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

He sure did! I hope I make it that long... so I can continue to keep
Slowman annoyed ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

I love to cook with wine Sometimes I even put it in the food
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

Jim Thompson wrote:

James Ralph Thompson

Born October 12, 1918, in Riverton, WV

Died November 7, 2008, in Huntington, WV

Age 90 years and one month!

Of course you won't see this since you have me killfiled but my
condolences anyway.

My maternal Gran made it to 95, but she was tired of life by then sadly.
She made a comment to that effect that quite upset my neice on one
visit. Gran was always a straight talker.

I could have killed her hubby for getting a stomach ulcer, putting up
with it and needlessly dying of it about 20 yrs earlier. He was a fine
man, a career Wing Commander in the RAF during WW2 flying Lancasters,
previously based in Egypt where my Mum was born.

I do so wish he hadn't died so unnecceserily early. Not least because
I'd have loved to hear some tales of his time in Bomber Command. To this
day I keep on my desk a roll of 'window' that they used to throw out the
back door of Lancs to confuse the German radars.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaff_(...countermeasure)

Graham

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

Jim Thompson wrote:
James Ralph Thompson

Born October 12, 1918, in Riverton, WV

Died November 7, 2008, in Huntington, WV

Age 90 years and one month!

...Jim Thompson

A good innings indeed. Still, the world changes when a parent dies.
Shared memories become private memories, we can't smile together over
old in-jokes, and when we think of something we'd love to share with
them, we can't.

I know you aren't a Christian, but all the same, may God strengthen you
and your family in this trial.

Cheers,

Phil Hobbs
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

Jim Thompson wrote:

James Ralph Thompson

Born October 12, 1918, in Riverton, WV

Died November 7, 2008, in Huntington, WV

Age 90 years and one month!

My condolences, as well.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

James Ralph Thompson

Born October 12, 1918, in Riverton, WV

Died November 7, 2008, in Huntington, WV

Age 90 years and one month!

...Jim Thompson

Our condolences.

Thanks!

He sure had a good run!
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

He sure did! I hope I make it that long... so I can continue to keep
Slowman annoyed ;-)

What makes you think Sloman will last till you're 90?

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 17:27:26 +0000, Eeyore
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

[...]

---
What an unmitigated horse's ass you are, Graham.

Someone's dad dies and it's all about _you_?"

JF

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 09:09:34 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote:

James Ralph Thompson

Born October 12, 1918, in Riverton, WV

Died November 7, 2008, in Huntington, WV

Age 90 years and one month!

...Jim Thompson

Condolences from my family to yours.

--
Joe Chisolm
Marble Falls, TX

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

Jim Thompson wrote:
James Ralph Thompson

Born October 12, 1918, in Riverton, WV

Died November 7, 2008, in Huntington, WV

Age 90 years and one month!

Condolences from my family.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 12:43:44 -0500, Phil Hobbs
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:
James Ralph Thompson

Born October 12, 1918, in Riverton, WV

Died November 7, 2008, in Huntington, WV

Age 90 years and one month!

...Jim Thompson

A good innings indeed. Still, the world changes when a parent dies.
Shared memories become private memories, we can't smile together over
old in-jokes, and when we think of something we'd love to share with
them, we can't.

I know you aren't a Christian, but all the same, may God strengthen you
and your family in this trial.

Cheers,

Phil Hobbs

Thanks! (Traditions sustain us all)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

James Ralph Thompson

Born October 12, 1918, in Riverton, WV

Died November 7, 2008, in Huntington, WV

Age 90 years and one month!

---
Sorry, Jim.

JF

Thanks! He had a good life.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

James Ralph Thompson

Born October 12, 1918, in Riverton, WV

Died November 7, 2008, in Huntington, WV

Age 90 years and one month!

Of course you won't see this since you have me killfiled but my
condolences anyway.

You'd be surprised what I see and don't see ;-)

My maternal Gran made it to 95, but she was tired of life by then sadly.
She made a comment to that effect that quite upset my neice on one
visit. Gran was always a straight talker.

I could have killed her hubby for getting a stomach ulcer, putting up
with it and needlessly dying of it about 20 yrs earlier. He was a fine
man, a career Wing Commander in the RAF during WW2 flying Lancasters,
previously based in Egypt where my Mum was born.

I do so wish he hadn't died so unnecceserily early. Not least because
I'd have loved to hear some tales of his time in Bomber Command. To this
day I keep on my desk a roll of 'window' that they used to throw out the
back door of Lancs to confuse the German radars.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaff_(...countermeasure)

Graham

I like talking to "old" people... the recitation of history is
amazing.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

I love to cook with wine Sometimes I even put it in the food
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default R.I.P. - JRTonLadder.jpg

On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 13:32:55 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

On Fri, 7 Nov 2008 09:44:05 -0800, "Joel Koltner"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
Then he got an infection which killed him.
Avoid hospitals :-(

Similar thing happened to my grandfather... he fell off a ladder (in his early
'80s), injuring his knee, and had to have surgery on it in the hospital...
where he picked up a staph infection that eventually killed him. :-(

I suppose that staying off of ladders when you're that old might be a good
idea too... :-)

I have a picture of my father (from just last year) with him up on a
_tall_ ladder replacing a driveway motion sensor light.

...Jim Thompson

Attached.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

I love to cook with wine Sometimes I even put it in the food

Attached Thumbnails
R.I.P.-jrtonladder-jpg
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

Jim Thompson wrote:

James Ralph Thompson

Born October 12, 1918, in Riverton, WV

Died November 7, 2008, in Huntington, WV

Age 90 years and one month!

...Jim Thompson

Sorry to hear of your loss. My condolences.

--
Sincerly:
Baron.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

He looks to be in incredibly good shape for someone who was nearly 90 at the
time. Wow!

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

James Ralph Thompson

Born October 12, 1918, in Riverton, WV

Died November 7, 2008, in Huntington, WV

Age 90 years and one month!

---
Sorry, Jim.

JF

Thanks! He had a good life.

...Jim Thompson

And in the end, that's what matters... With my condolences...
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

"Jim Thompson" wrote
in message
James Ralph Thompson

Born October 12, 1918, in Riverton, WV

Died November 7, 2008, in Huntington, WV

Age 90 years and one month!

I'm sorry. God bless the family Jim.

(Neither of us believes in him but you know what I mean.)

zero, and remove the last word.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...

James Ralph Thompson

Born October 12, 1918, in Riverton, WV

Died November 7, 2008, in Huntington, WV

Age 90 years and one month!

...Jim Thompson

My condolences, you can celebrate his long productive life..
Mike

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Fri, 7 Nov 2008 14:11:02 -0800, "Joel Koltner"
wrote:

He looks to be in incredibly good shape for someone who was nearly 90 at the
time. Wow!

And he shot an 18-hole score of 80 when he was 80 ;-)

Also had several holes-in-one during his 75-85 age range... Spring
Valley Country Club.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

I love to cook with wine Sometimes I even put it in the food
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 18:04:24 -0700, "Paul Hovnanian P.E."
wrote:

Condolences, Jim.

Thanks!

Was this sudden or did you see it coming and have time to prepare?

We were back to visit the end of August. He was fine then, _except_
he didn't like using his oxygen... he had COPD due to smoking and
massive exposure to asbestos while crawling through attics... in his
early years he was an electrician.

I'm not sure what triggered the stroke ~ six weeks ago, but he
(himself) called me from the hospital and seemed quite cogent,
complaining only of paralysis down his left side forcing him to need
assistance walking.

Then he got some gawd-awful bacterial infection, probably from a dirty
IV and it was almost straight down-hill from there... a few rebounds
where I thought he'd fight his way out of it. Last Sunday he talked
to all the kids and grandkids that were here for #8's first birthday
party. Two days later he was in and out of coma, then plunged rapidly
:-(

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

I love to cook with wine Sometimes I even put it in the food
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

Condolences, Jim.

Was this sudden or did you see it coming and have time to prepare?

--
Paul Hovnanian
Incorrigible punster -- Do not incorrige.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...

| James Ralph Thompson
|
| Born October 12, 1918, in Riverton, WV
|
| Died November 7, 2008, in Huntington, WV
|
| Age 90 years and one month!

Sorry to hear about this Jim, my condolences.

Martin

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

On Fri, 7 Nov 2008 21:23:54 -0500, "Martin Riddle"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...

| James Ralph Thompson
|
| Born October 12, 1918, in Riverton, WV
|
| Died November 7, 2008, in Huntington, WV
|
| Age 90 years and one month!

Sorry to hear about this Jim, my condolences.

Martin

Thanks, Martin.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

I love to cook with wine Sometimes I even put it in the food

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

[...]

That can be kind of tough. If you don't know the end is coming, you
don't have the time to get everyone used to it.

At least it wasn't something like him being hale and hearty right up
till the election results came in.

--
Paul Hovnanian
Stop Continental Drift! Re-unite Gondwanaland!
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

[...]

I won't say what he said about Obama... just let it lie that he's
southern ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

I love to cook with wine Sometimes I even put it in the food
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

Jim Thompson wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Jim Thompson wrote:

[...]

Good to hear from you Jim. Me too. I sadly missed much of that opportunity
with my parents dying when I was 14 and 18 as well as the above.

What I would have love to heard as first hand history ! My Dad, a Captain in
the Royal Dental Corps !, was based in Singapore during the Malayan Uprising
(Communist) for example. He told me bits as a youngster but I would have
loved to have heard so much more. You don't fully appreciate it when you're a
kid.

Your grief is fully understandable. I hope you feel better about it soon.
Time heals.

Graham

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

On Sat, 08 Nov 2008 17:52:52 +0000, Eeyore
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Jim Thompson wrote:

[...]

Thanks, Graham! We had an enjoyable visit with my father in August.
I'm fine. I just had to deal with a sister who never quite got over
how our father could remarry after our mother's death in 1995. So I
had to be at my nasty-finest to get her to go sit in the corner and
STFU ;-)

I also arranged it so that everything got left to the 2nd wife, so my
sister was also a bit miffed about that ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

I love to cook with wine Sometimes I even put it in the food
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Jim Thompson wrote:

[...]

Just goes to show you... What Dad wants... Dad gets.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

"SoothSayer" wrote in message
On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 16:55:59 -0700, Jim Thompson
I also arranged it so that everything got left to the 2nd wife, so my
sister was also a bit miffed about that ;-)

Just goes to show you... What Dad wants... Dad gets.

It's actually somewhat sad that Jim's sister doesn't appear to realize that
her dad finding someone new to enjoy his life with in no way dishonors the
memory of her mother. If I die before my spouse does, I would like for her to
go out and enjoy the rest of her life with whomever she happens to meet and,
if things work out right, get married again and bring great joy to one
another's lives. I would hope that most people feel that way, even if they
could never imagine re-marrying themselves if the roles were reversed.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 18:28:32 -0800, "Joel Koltner"
wrote:

"SoothSayer" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 16:55:59 -0700, Jim Thompson
I also arranged it so that everything got left to the 2nd wife, so my
sister was also a bit miffed about that ;-)

Just goes to show you... What Dad wants... Dad gets.

It's actually somewhat sad that Jim's sister doesn't appear to realize that
her dad finding someone new to enjoy his life with in no way dishonors the
memory of her mother. If I die before my spouse does, I would like for her to
go out and enjoy the rest of her life with whomever she happens to meet and,
if things work out right, get married again and bring great joy to one
another's lives. I would hope that most people feel that way, even if they
could never imagine re-marrying themselves if the roles were reversed.

YES!

I have a letter from my father, after our son Duane died from colon
cancer, expressing how alone one can feel after such a loss in a
long-term marriage, and hoping our daughter-in-law can find a
companion again.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

I love to cook with wine Sometimes I even put it in the food
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

Jim:

Your father was clearly a remarkable man. One sure sign of that is clear to
those of
us who frequent this newsgroup from time to time, namely your own postings.

Our condolences to your family.

-- Pete
-- Indialantic By-the-Sea, FL

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...

On Fri, 7 Nov 2008 21:23:54 -0500, "Martin Riddle"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...