Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design
SoothSayer SoothSayer is offline

Default R.I.P.

On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 16:55:59 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

On Sat, 08 Nov 2008 17:52:52 +0000, Eeyore
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Jim Thompson wrote:

James Ralph Thompson

Born October 12, 1918, in Riverton, WV

Died November 7, 2008, in Huntington, WV

Age 90 years and one month!

Of course you won't see this since you have me killfiled but my
condolences anyway.

You'd be surprised what I see and don't see ;-)

My maternal Gran made it to 95, but she was tired of life by then sadly.
She made a comment to that effect that quite upset my neice on one
visit. Gran was always a straight talker.

I could have killed her hubby for getting a stomach ulcer, putting up
with it and needlessly dying of it about 20 yrs earlier. He was a fine
man, a career Wing Commander in the RAF during WW2 flying Lancasters,
previously based in Egypt where my Mum was born.

I do so wish he hadn't died so unnecceserily early. Not least because
I'd have loved to hear some tales of his time in Bomber Command. To this
day I keep on my desk a roll of 'window' that they used to throw out the
back door of Lancs to confuse the German radars.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaff_(...countermeasure)

I like talking to "old" people... the recitation of history is
amazing.

Good to hear from you Jim. Me too. I sadly missed much of that opportunity
with my parents dying when I was 14 and 18 as well as the above.

What I would have love to heard as first hand history ! My Dad, a Captain in
the Royal Dental Corps !, was based in Singapore during the Malayan Uprising
(Communist) for example. He told me bits as a youngster but I would have
loved to have heard so much more. You don't fully appreciate it when you're a
kid.

Your grief is fully understandable. I hope you feel better about it soon.
Time heals.

Graham

Thanks, Graham! We had an enjoyable visit with my father in August.
I'm fine. I just had to deal with a sister who never quite got over
how our father could remarry after our mother's death in 1995. So I
had to be at my nasty-finest to get her to go sit in the corner and
STFU ;-)

I also arranged it so that everything got left to the 2nd wife, so my
sister was also a bit miffed about that ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Just goes to show you... What Dad wants... Dad gets.