Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design
Jim Thompson Jim Thompson is offline

Default R.I.P.

On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 17:27:26 +0000, Eeyore
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

James Ralph Thompson

Born October 12, 1918, in Riverton, WV

Died November 7, 2008, in Huntington, WV

Age 90 years and one month!

Of course you won't see this since you have me killfiled but my
condolences anyway.

You'd be surprised what I see and don't see ;-)

My maternal Gran made it to 95, but she was tired of life by then sadly.
She made a comment to that effect that quite upset my neice on one
visit. Gran was always a straight talker.

I could have killed her hubby for getting a stomach ulcer, putting up
with it and needlessly dying of it about 20 yrs earlier. He was a fine
man, a career Wing Commander in the RAF during WW2 flying Lancasters,
previously based in Egypt where my Mum was born.

I do so wish he hadn't died so unnecceserily early. Not least because
I'd have loved to hear some tales of his time in Bomber Command. To this
day I keep on my desk a roll of 'window' that they used to throw out the
back door of Lancs to confuse the German radars.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaff_(...countermeasure)

Graham

I like talking to "old" people... the recitation of history is
amazing.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

I love to cook with wine Sometimes I even put it in the food