Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

Default For your amusement...

For your amusement ("Several agencies fail to meet United Way
deadline")...

http://www.yumasun.com/news/way_4513..._deadline.html

Then guess whose daughter ?:-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

Jim Thompson wrote:

For your amusement ("Several agencies fail to meet United Way
deadline")...

http://www.yumasun.com/news/way_4513..._deadline.html

Why would any group wait till the last day to request funding?

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 12:01:04 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

For your amusement ("Several agencies fail to meet United Way
deadline")...

http://www.yumasun.com/news/way_4513..._deadline.html

Why would any group wait till the last day to request funding?

They're "special". Read the comments from readers at the bottom of
the page... mostly supportive... just one leftist weenie thinking
they're "entitled".

United Way is a PRIVATE charity organization, BTW. NOT funded by the
government.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

I love to cook with wine Sometimes I even put it in the food
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

On 18/10/2008 Michael A. Terrell wrote:

..
..
Why would any group wait till the last day to request funding?

Just the same as in the UK when many people leave it until the last
hour of the last day to enter their Tax Return online and then find the
site crashes due to overloading. After which, they are liable to
penalties and complain about it.

--
John B
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

For your amusement ("Several agencies fail to meet United Way
deadline")...

http://www.yumasun.com/news/way_4513..._deadline.html

Why would any group wait till the last day to request funding?

They're "special". Read the comments from readers at the bottom of
the page... mostly supportive... just one leftist weenie thinking
they're "entitled".

The scout troop that I was in, over 40 years ago raised all of it'
own funds, and any papers that needed to be filed were mailed in the day
before the were allowed to arrive, so they got there the next day or
two. That was part of 'A scout is always prepared!'.

United Way is a PRIVATE charity organization, BTW. NOT funded by the
government.

I know. Their office is right behind the local VA clinic so i went in
one day to see if they could point me to an affordable law office, or
group that helped to incorporate a non profit corporation. I was rather
disgusted with how disorganized they were.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

For your amusement ("Several agencies fail to meet United Way
deadline")...

http://www.yumasun.com/news/way_4513..._deadline.html

Why would any group wait till the last day to request funding?

They're "special". Read the comments from readers at the bottom of
the page... mostly supportive... just one leftist weenie thinking
they're "entitled".

The scout troop that I was in, over 40 years ago raised all of it'
own funds, and any papers that needed to be filed were mailed in the day
before the were allowed to arrive, so they got there the next day or
two. That was part of 'A scout is always prepared!'.

I was the "Den Chief"... Life Scout who assists the leader with a Cub
Scout Troop.

"When you meet a Girl Scout who is suitably inclined, be prepared" ;-)

United Way is a PRIVATE charity organization, BTW. NOT funded by the
government.

I know. Their office is right behind the local VA clinic so i went in
one day to see if they could point me to an affordable law office, or
group that helped to incorporate a non profit corporation. I was rather
disgusted with how disorganized they were.

Wasn't in Yuma was it ?:-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

I love to cook with wine Sometimes I even put it in the food

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

For your amusement ("Several agencies fail to meet United Way
deadline")...

http://www.yumasun.com/news/way_4513..._deadline.html

Why would any group wait till the last day to request funding?

They're "special". Read the comments from readers at the bottom of
the page... mostly supportive... just one leftist weenie thinking
they're "entitled".

United Way is a PRIVATE charity organization, BTW. NOT funded by the
government.

...Jim Thompson

Oddly, however, many LEOs and other gov workers as well, contribute to
this particular charity. Weird. Weird like the mason thing.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

For your amusement ("Several agencies fail to meet United Way
deadline")...

http://www.yumasun.com/news/way_4513..._deadline.html

Why would any group wait till the last day to request funding?

They're "special". Read the comments from readers at the bottom of
the page... mostly supportive... just one leftist weenie thinking
they're "entitled".

United Way is a PRIVATE charity organization, BTW. NOT funded by the
government.

...Jim Thompson

At some places where i worked, it was virtually MANDATORY tha one
"donated".
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

For your amusement ("Several agencies fail to meet United Way
deadline")...

http://www.yumasun.com/news/way_4513..._deadline.html

Why would any group wait till the last day to request funding?

They're "special". Read the comments from readers at the bottom of
the page... mostly supportive... just one leftist weenie thinking
they're "entitled".

United Way is a PRIVATE charity organization, BTW. NOT funded by the
government.

...Jim Thompson

At some places where i worked, it was virtually MANDATORY tha one
"donated".

Yep. Motorola in particular. So I always chose to designate the
recipient as "The Florence Crittenton League" ;-)

...Jim Thompson