Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default Need a quick and dirty circuit

Hi,

I found a schematic for S-Video to Composite,
and it works fine, but, I want to split up the
Composite into S-Video. Is it possible, and if
so, what do I need to make it happen?

Thanks,

Bill Garber from GS-Electronics
http://www.garberstreet.com

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Bill Garber wrote:
Hi,
I found a schematic for S-Video to Composite, and it works fine, but, I
want to split up the Composite into S-Video. Is it possible, and if so,
what do I need to make it happen?
Thanks,
Bill Garber from GS-Electronics
http://www.garberstreet.com

Would you post the link for the S-Video schematic.

Thanks

donald
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On 29/08/2008 Bill Garber wrote:

Hi,
I found a schematic for S-Video to Composite, and it works fine, but,
I want to split up the Composite into S-Video. Is it possible, and if
so, what do I need to make it happen? Thanks, Bill Garber from
GS-Electronics http://www.garberstreet.com

Unfortunately it's not so easy. Combining the parts of an S-Video
signal to produce a composite signal is just a few resistors, but
taking it apart again requires some filtering. You need a band pass
filter to peel off the chrominance and a band stop filter to remove the
chrominance from the luminance.

Much better to buy one. http://www.datapro.net/techinfo/CSV-900.html

Be aware that even when you have taken a composite signal apart you
will not get the S-Video quality as the cross-colour and
cross-luminance components will still be present.

--
John B
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"donald" wrote in message news
Bill Garber wrote:
Hi,
I found a schematic for S-Video to Composite, and it works fine, but, I
want to split up the Composite into S-Video. Is it possible, and if so,
what do I need to make it happen?
Thanks,
Bill Garber from GS-Electronics
http://www.garberstreet.com

Would you post the link for the S-Video schematic.

Can't, but I can attach the picture.

Bill Garber from GS-Electronics
http://www.garberstreet.com

Attached Thumbnails
Need a quick and dirty circuit-svideo-composite-png
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"John B" wrote in message t...
On 29/08/2008 Bill Garber wrote:

Hi,
I found a schematic for S-Video to Composite, and it works fine, but,
I want to split up the Composite into S-Video. Is it possible, and if
so, what do I need to make it happen? Thanks, Bill Garber from
GS-Electronics http://www.garberstreet.com

Unfortunately it's not so easy. Combining the parts of an S-Video
signal to produce a composite signal is just a few resistors, but
taking it apart again requires some filtering. You need a band pass
filter to peel off the chrominance and a band stop filter to remove the
chrominance from the luminance.

Much better to buy one. http://www.datapro.net/techinfo/CSV-900.html

No gots. Guess it's discontinued. Besides, I'm looking for
stuff to play with, and buying one would remove the fun
factor.

Be aware that even when you have taken a composite signal
apart you will not get the S-Video quality as the cross-
colour and cross-luminance components will still be present.

Yes, thank you. I am very aware of this fact.