Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default 7 DIGIT 10MHz counter (from sci.electrinics.misc) - 7DIGDSPL-Model.pdf

Attached Files
File Type: pdf 7DIGDSPL-Model.pdf (173.5 KB, 76 views)
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default 7 DIGIT 10MHz counter (from sci.electrinics.misc) - 7DIGDSPL-Model.pdf - 7DIGDSPLa-Model.pdf

On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 14:25:37 -0500, John Fields
wrote:

---
Aarghhh!

Rev A

JF

Attached Files
File Type: pdf 7DIGDSPLa-Model.pdf (176.0 KB, 89 views)
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 14:38:44 -0500, John Fields
wrote:

On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 14:25:37 -0500, John Fields
wrote:

---
Aarghhh!

Rev A

---
LOL, there's a more or less "subtle" error (more like an
inconsistency) in the drawing.

can anyone spot it?

JF
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

"John Fields" wrote in message
LOL, there's a more or less "subtle" error (more like an
inconsistency) in the drawing.

can anyone spot it?

It seems to me it's lacking registers so the count is only updated when the
gate is off. I haven't checked what's inside all the chips.

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default 7 DIGIT 10MHz counter (from sci.electrinics.misc) - 7DIGDSPL-Model.pdf - 7DIGDSPLa-Model.pdf - 7DIGDSPLb.DWG

On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 23:48:31 -0500, "Tim Williams"
wrote:

"John Fields" wrote in message
.. .
LOL, there's a more or less "subtle" error (more like an
inconsistency) in the drawing.

can anyone spot it?

It seems to me it's lacking registers so the count is only updated when the
gate is off. I haven't checked what's inside all the chips.

---
That part's OK, and the gate time will be determined by how long
ENABLE- stays low and allows the chain to accumulate clocks.

For example, with a precisely 1 second long ENABLE- pulse and an input
clock of 10MHz, the display should read 10000000 from left to right.

The error I was referring to was that with the way the wiring is
shown, for a 1s long ENABLE- pulse the display would read 0000001.

The attachment shows the fix which, BTW, discloses another error and
its fix... one can't display 10000000 with seven digits.

Oh well, practice makes perfect. :-)

JF

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

" ---
That part's OK, and the gate time will be determined by how long
ENABLE- stays low and allows the chain to accumulate clocks.

For example, with a precisely 1 second long ENABLE- pulse and an input
clock of 10MHz, the display should read 10000000 from left to right.

The error I was referring to was that with the way the wiring is
shown, for a 1s long ENABLE- pulse the display would read 0000001.

The attachment shows the fix which, BTW, discloses another error and
its fix... one can't display 10000000 with seven digits.

Oh well, practice makes perfect. :-)

JF

What happened to the PDF? I can't read a DWG... I guess a flipflop on the
last digit......

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default 7 DIGIT 10MHz counter (from sci.electrinics.misc) - 7DIGDSPL-Model.pdf - 7DIGDSPLa-Model.pdf - 7DIGDSPLb.DWG - 7DIGDSPLc-Model.pdf

On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 22:20:21 +0100, "TT_Man"
wrote:

" ---
That part's OK, and the gate time will be determined by how long
ENABLE- stays low and allows the chain to accumulate clocks.

For example, with a precisely 1 second long ENABLE- pulse and an input
clock of 10MHz, the display should read 10000000 from left to right.

The error I was referring to was that with the way the wiring is
shown, for a 1s long ENABLE- pulse the display would read 0000001.

The attachment shows the fix which, BTW, discloses another error and
its fix... one can't display 10000000 with seven digits.

Oh well, practice makes perfect. :-)

JF

What happened to the PDF? I can't read a DWG... I guess a flipflop on the
last digit......

---
Oops...

JF

Attached Files
File Type: pdf 7DIGDSPLc-Model.pdf (203.6 KB, 45 views)